Bill keating ,what a douche

This is my canned response from this tard.
He even wants to ban " high capacity ammo"

Dear

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control legislation. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue, and I welcome the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

With the horrific tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut as well as the countless reports of gun violence that we find all too frequently in our local newspapers, I want you to know that gun control and gun violence are issues that I care deeply about and have been at the forefront of my legislative portfolio since my time as a State Senator and as the Norfolk Country District Attorney.

I often worked with victims groups and had discussions with survivors of such senseless violence as well as family members and parents of victims that were not so lucky. I have seen in concrete terms the indelible scars left from such violence, which led me to support banning assault weapons and armor-piercing bullets, among other issues as Senate Chairman for the Public Safety Committee and now, as a U.S. Congressman. As District Attorney, I aggressively enforced our gun laws.

I will continue to support responsible gun legislation in Congress. That is why I voted against the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act, which would force states to recognize "concealed carry" licenses from other states. For the safety of my constituents and their families, I also opposed the repeal of a current requirement to report a purchaser of ten or more weapons to the Justice Department. Further, I have cosponsored the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would prohibit the trade and manufacture of dangerous, high-capacity ammunition like that which was used in the horrifying attacks in Newtown, Connecticut, Tuscon, Arizona and Aurora, Colorado. I have also worked to close what is known as the Fire Sale Loophole by cosponsoring legislation aimed to prevent anyone whose firearms license has been revoked or denied from transferring firearms into a personal collection or to an employee. Recently, I joined my colleagues on the newly formed congressional Gun Violence Prevention Task Force that will look at ways Congress can help reduce gun violence in the U.S. Additionally, I am a cosponsor of H.R. 137, the Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013, introduced by Representative Carolyn McCarthy. H.R. 137 aims to improve background checks and make it more difficult for criminals and unlicensed individuals to obtain, transfer, or import firearms.

While I recognize the Constitutional right to bear arms, I also believe that in the interest of public safety there must be greater accountability for gun violence, which includes the elimination of easy access to high capacity ammunition and automatic weapons.

It is my opinion that the regulations currently in place in Massachusetts, which include a ban on assault weapons, serve as an example of what could be accomplished on the national level. Along with our strict gun control laws, we have the lowest rate of gun-related deaths per capita in the United States. I do not believe that that is a mere coincidence.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I have also enclosed a copy of an op-ed that appeared in local publications following the tragedy in Newtown. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future regarding this or any other matter of concern. Additionally, you may find my website (www.keating.house.gov) to be a useful resource for keeping up with my work in Washington and the Ninth District of Massachusetts. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Sincerely,
Bill Keating
Member of Congress

Last edited:
Bill Keating is a douchebag. Contacting scumbags like him about stuff like your constitutional rights is always a waste of time. You want to get his attention? Confront him in person with a videocamera.

why do these jackasses keep getting elected in this f'd up state. barney goes away and we get him and another fn kennedy. ted killed more people with his oldsmobile than i have with my gun.

why do these jackasses keep getting elected in this f'd up state. barney goes away and we get him and another fn kennedy. ted killed more people with his oldsmobile than i have with my gun.

Because the idiot statists outnumber the rest of us here by a pretty wide margin.

I yelled "Hey Bill" at the 4th of July parade when he was running for senate seat and he headed towwards the group I was with and as he reached out to shake hands I yelled "You're a hack" and he bolted in the other direction as we all laughed at him. Didn't do any good, lots of dems in Norwood. Arghhh.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

"...high capacity ammunition and automatic weapons..." Nice.
This is no accident or not knowing what particular items are.... minime gov Patrick has said high cap ammunition many times......... I see a new definition brewing on ammunition types.
I also see at least Massachusetts creating a new definition on "automatic" weapons.
Been awefoollly quite up on the hill regarding mass gun bills?

Ask keating to disarm his protection too.
would he be fine being protected by billy clubs and stones?

do as I say, not as I do....its the democrat way

Ask keating to disarm his protection too.
would he be fine being protected by billy clubs and stones?

do as I say, not as I do....its the democrat way

I'm certain that he does NOT have any "protection". It's only the high echelons (and some Friday cats - those loudmouths that you always hear talking about bans/shoulder things that go up) that have protections. Bill is merely one of the legions of reps out there.

He's always been a "go along to get along" politician and will carry water for the party. Pains me to say this as he's a personal friend, but it is the truth.

Better if they stay in MA than move out and breed.

Oh wait. Teddy Jr. is running for state senate here in CT. Can't y'all come pick up Teddy Jr. and bring him to the Kennedy compound on the cape?

Back
Top Bottom