Black People Can't Be Trusted With Guns

I know I specify my race every time I buy a gun (Federal, not state though) and I'm 99% that it was on my application for my LTC. Is this the same in every town? I know Medford had a...uhm...."modified" form.

I know I specify my race every time I buy a gun (Federal, not state though)

....and height, weight, eye and hair color, and other identifying features. In this context, I don't see asking race being an issue. The purpose of the form is see if you are who you say you are. If a black dude stole my identity and tried to go buy a gun, he might have some difficulty.

...You also have to love in MA that they still require you to specify your race.

In what context?

I know I specify my race every time I buy a gun (Federal, not state though) and I'm 99% that it was on my application for my LTC. Is this the same in every town? I know Medford had a...uhm...."modified" form.

Form 4473 does require one to specify their race, but as you stated, that is a Federal form.

The MA application for FID/LTC does not require this information, nor is it even requested.

....and height, weight, eye and hair color, and other identifying features. In this context, I don't see asking race being an issue. The purpose of the form is see if you are who you say you are. If a black dude stole my identity and tried to go buy a gun, he might have some difficulty.

Yup. It's tough to confuse a black man with a yettie.

I am a Native American. It's what I have always put on race questionnaires. I could put down anything and it would probably be right in some degree. My people have been in this country, mostly in the south, since AT LEAST the 1600s. There's something of everything in that woodpile, admitted to or not.

And as a result, one could never prove a racial bias in applications or licenses unfortunately.

Funny you would say that. I was just thinking that if, as SecondAmdFirst stated, Medford has added that question to the application, I would think you could make the argument that there may be some sort of racial bias (or at least the opportunity for bias). Why do they require that information? What do they use that information for? Is it even legal to make that a requirement? It reminds me of the recent ruling in CT.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...T-permits-no-more-extra-s-per-examiners-board

Jeez... I shoot with a couple of black guys at the range ... wait until I break the news to them!

OMG... WTF is wrong with people???

Criminals should not have guns... law abiding citizens should have an absolute right to guns.

But here is the mind bender .... Weren't Criminals Law abiding citizens at one time ... I mean up until they decided to break the law weren't they law abiding .. None of us know for sure but its a safe bet at one time in their measly lives they were .. I guess its a matter of when they turned ... (Note: this is a thought not a counter point or an argumentative interjection)[thinking][wave]

Funny you would say that. I was just thinking that if, as SecondAmdFirst stated, Medford has added that question to the application, I would think you could make the argument that there may be some sort of racial bias (or at least the opportunity for bias). Why do they require that information? What do they use that information for? Is it even legal to make that a requirement? It reminds me of the recent ruling in CT.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...T-permits-no-more-extra-s-per-examiners-board

Maybe Medford is an Equal opportunity Licensing department???

But here is the mind bender .... Weren't Criminals Law abiding citizens at one time ... I mean up until they decided to break the law weren't they law abiding .. None of us know for sure but its a safe bet at one time in their measly lives they were .. I guess its a matter of when they turned ... (Note: this is a thought not a counter point or an argumentative interjection)[thinking][wave]

It's not a mind bender at all. They made a choice.

We can't guess as to who might be a criminal despite how much the racist article would suggest otherwise.

i think the homicide statistics, along with crime in general have a lot more to do with poverty levels than they do race. It may happen that of all people living in low income areas, a higher number of them are black and therefore, with crime stats being equal in all of those towns, you'd get a higher % of the total being blacks. Conclusion for me though is no matter white, black or other...i want to be carrying if i have find myself in any of those towns.

i think the homicide statistics, along with crime in general have a lot more to do with poverty levels than they do race. It may happen that of all people living in low income areas, a higher number of them are black and therefore, with crime stats being equal in all of those towns, you'd get a higher % of the total being blacks. Conclusion for me though is no matter white, black or other...i want to be carrying if i have find myself in any of those towns.

One could argue that a law abiding citizen in theses areas have a GREATER need for CCW.

Are you sure? What would you call "COMPLEXION?"

I woud call it useless. Do latinos mark off brown? Do blacks always mark black or do "light skinned blacks" mark off brown, or gasp, white. Do asians mark off "yellow" or brown? Do people who tan well get to mark off brown in summer? The application also has no guidance on the matter.

Dear VPC / Sarah Brady .

Black America is 13% of Population ? So , Male Black population is around 6% , and real old & real young probably make up another 2% each ... leaving 2 percent of our population committing about half of America's homicides.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that All of those young black males , probably aren't killers. For the hell of it , lets pick .. 1 in 100 ... that might be killers.

So .02 per cent of out population are committing Half of the Killings in America ?

How about we go look for that tiny pool of our population , and like ... arrest them ? We could save children , and women and make America twice as safe as it is now.

Or we could never admit this in public , blame it on Evil Conservative law abiding suburban and rural dudes that have had to pass background checks by local , state & federal government law enforcement .... Yeah , that's a better plan.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom