blackpowder sales

im looking for dealers anyone knows of in MA who sell regular goex blackpowder ffg?. i use the pyrodex for hunting but i use reg blackpowder for my blackpowder shoots.

thanks

How about that shop on Rt27 in Hanson across the street from the commuter rail station? He sells BP and archery stuff. I don't know the name of it and only stopped in once a few months ago. I didn't look for BP though.

The last can of Goex I bought was from Kittery, but I believe I saw the ffg on the shelf at Bass pro.

*edit* Come to think of it, maybe I didn't see the Goex. I think I saw Pyrodex.

Yea, we were supposed to carry BP at Bass Pro. They have a powder room with a storage container rated for a very large amount of BP. But, they didn't think that there was a call for true black powder in MA. SO, they didn't stock it.. So, if it's wanted, it needs to be asked for...

What with licencing fees and ATF compliance checks, not to mention inventory costs, I will be surprised if any dealers bother with BP much longer. My FFL told me recently that the ATF still does a 100% inspection of all inventory, sales records and invoices for BP and they all better match up perfectly.

The new wave of primitive hunters seem to use only BP substitutes in their in line muzzzle loaders, so there's no market there.

Fortunately, the several currently available BP substitutes, such as Hodgdon's Triple 7, work very well for most applications and closely duplicate real BP in every way except the stink.

It is, however, unfortunate that market forces and legislation are likely to eliminate the opportunity for shooters to freely choose between real BP and the substitutes.

Jack

I know Jerry's in Milford carries some muzzle loader supplies. I'll look for black powder the next time I'm there. I just grabbed a bunch at LL Bean.

Hi Martlet, where is jerry's located? I couldn't find it in the gun shops & reviews section. Is it Milford Ma. or N.H. Thanks in advance.
Chuck

Back
Top Bottom