Blocked at work?

Cool. I don't need it at work, but it would come in handy at other places like cafes, libraries, and other such nanny-state places that would block firearm related sites.

the firewall at your work must not be too sophisticated. I set up the firewall at my work in April and it has successfully blocked numerous employee attempts to use proxy sites just like the one you posted. Further, I can add custom keywords to my firewall such as "Proxy" which will automatically block any page that has an instance of the keyword in it.

Some of the better proxy sites don't actually list or explain what they do on the page so it is more difficult for a firewall to pick up on.

the firewall at your work must not be too sophisticated. I set up the firewall at my work in April and it has successfully blocked numerous employee attempts to use proxy sites just like the one you posted.

This is why I use an SSH proxy instead, to some random
remote host. Of course; all of this relies on the fact that SSH
is basically the only thing we permit unfettered access with.

Other orgs with more anal retentive firewall policies will end up
proxying and filtering ALL traffic and denying anything that doesn't
function within that scope. That type of stuff is hard to get
by, but the only saving grace is that level of filtering is a pain in
the ass to justify at most workplaces.

-Mike

Thanks goodness for \"Letmeby\". I\'ve been \"blocked\" by something in my own broadband provider for the past four days or so. I\'ve been working with the Mods here to figure out just how that\'s happening but \"Letmeby\" has reopened this forum for me. Now to figure out what\'s causing the blockage!

Good to be back. I was concerned that it was my computer but now it appears it\'s not.

Rome

I can access the site from work but the company blocks access to places like Photobucket and Imageshack. I have to look at the photos from home...

Joe R.

I can access the site from work but the company blocks access to places like Photobucket and Imageshack. I have to look at the photos from home...

Joe R.

Ditto, although this site was blocked for several months. Youtube is also blocked here as is XM. I think that's more over bandwidth issues than anything else.

Gary

I've yet to find anything that is blocked here. I haven't tried all genre's of sites as many are just inappropriate for work, but as far as I can tell nothing is blocked here, and this is a HUGE company.
My company is also pretty enlightened in this area. They do monitor everything, but (purportedly) block very little.

Back
Top Bottom