Boiwling pins?

Hey, where is a good place to buy some bowling pins? can anyone just go to an alley and buy some used pins they dont use? any info would be helpful.

thanks

Lanes and games in Cambridge usually has a few used pins on the desk. I think they sell them for $3. If you wanted a bunch of them you might be able to get a better deal. I'd also check with Brunswick in Lowell, since that's closer for you.

You should be able to get the used ones for free from most Bowling alley's. Once they are used up,they are no good to them, and it costs them a fortune to get rid of them in the trash.

Lanes and games in Cambridge usually has a few used pins on the desk. I think they sell them for $3. If you wanted a bunch of them you might be able to get a better deal. I'd also check with Brunswick in Lowell, since that's closer for you.

great thanks for that info, Ill check em out

Thats what I was thinking, I dont think we have a ten pin alley around me

Yeah, tenpin alleys are relatively uncommon in MA. Closest to you is Lowell, next are probably Cambridge and Malden, though I can't speak to what's north or east of you.

It's quite different from where I grew up in PA, which is also a shall issue state. How did I end up here again?

Keglers

I went thru this about five years ago. Contacted every Bowling ally in New England.

They recycle the pins back to the manufacture. AMF and you can buy them directly from AMF.

They were pretty expensive so I did not get any. If I recall they were asking about $1 per pin with minimun orders of 1,000 pins or so.

Way to much money for something to shoot at.

Think about other industries that would love you to take their garbage away for free and you can shoot at it.

Old Red Micky Bricks are cool. They go puff when you shoot them

Yeah, tenpin alleys are relatively uncommon in MA. Closest to you is Lowell, next are probably Cambridge and Malden, though I can't speak to what's north or east of you.

It's quite different from where I grew up in PA, which is also a shall issue state. How did I end up here again?

Candlepin is Mass thing. Ten-pin is not common throughout the country, either. I thought that Candlepin was kind of a Massachusetts thing.

2 Weymouth
1 Hingham
1 Abington
1 Bridgewater
1 Boston
1 Brockton
1 Middleboro
1 Taunton

I can think of these locations south of Boston really quick.
I've never seen any 10pin around here. I'm sure that you can get pins from these guys. What would be wrong with 'em?

bill

I went thru this about five years ago. Contacted every Bowling ally in New England.

They recycle the pins back to the manufacture. AMF and you can buy them directly from AMF.

They were pretty expensive so I did not get any. If I recall they were asking about $1 per pin with minimun orders of 1,000 pins or so.

Way to much money for something to shoot at.

Think about other industries that would love you to take their garbage away for free and you can shoot at it.

Old Red Micky Bricks are cool. They go puff when you shoot them

wow that is alot... what is a micky brick.

Im just tired of shooting at paper and shootnc targets I wanna shooot at somthing 3D for a while. hey you prob already new! but did you know silhouettes are an arrestable offense in Mass? (a gun shop owner told me)

Minga!

wow that is alot... what is a micky brick.

How can you be from Lawerance, Mass and not know what a Micky Brick is.

Way back when the English Slave Drivers were having their Industrial Revelution; They brought Indentured Irish into the Citys, Lowell, Lawerance, Haverhill, Manchester, etc.. to work building the Brick Mill factorys that today have become Condos.

The Irish being the hansome hard working people that they are were forced to dig Canals with manual hand tools. ie wooden shovels andIron Picks. They worked 16 hours a day or more sevn days a week and were paid wages so low that they had to live segragated in Paddy Camp slums and drink potato wisky.

While digging the clay from the would be Canal, An industrious Irish Lad named Semus McBreck formed a ball of the slick clay to throw at the overlord manager. In mid aire a fellow Mc (Pronounced Mick) caught the clay in his wooded trowel in a playful manor as they do in Irish Hurling an outdoor ball-and-stick game

The clay hardened into a square overnight and was known as the Micky Breck.

As they say the rest is history.

The Irish went on to make the finest strongest Brecks (pronounced Brick by the English) of which our prownd heritage of Factorys are built. The very foundation of American Industy.

bricks were formed by hand and of inconsistent dimensions and quality. To this day you can hear tradesman around the world calling "Hey Lumper; Hurl me another Brick"

cius_0005_0004_0_img0621.jpg

WHAT ABOUT DUCK PINS? they would make expert targets!

Last edited:
We use them for our MG shoots @ the Pelham Fish and Game, and I know we got them from a Alley in NH. for free, the alley was happy to not have to pay the Dumpster guy for the weight of getting rid of them. I am talking 1/2 of a 20 foot cargo container full, not just a few pins. most of them are really banged up but they are alot of fun to shoot. We hang them from Saw Horses with nylon stapping.

hey you prob already new! but did you know silhouettes are an arrestable offense in Mass? (a gun shop owner told me)

Well, if a gun shop owner said so . . . it must be so!! [rofl]

NO, silhouettes are NOT illegal in MA and certainly not an arrestable offense.

Illegal to use ONLY at a club that possesses a MA LTC-A! Allegedly there is only ONE club in MA that was stupid enough to get a MA LTC-A to date.

Back
Top Bottom