Boston globe Mill article

I'm enjoying watching!

It's for sale, right?

View attachment 667530
Apparently for a bunch of money, and pretty much sold.

For half the “asking price” I’ll buy it no B.S. either I like real estate and my wife wants to take over Jacks job. And yes we will continue its current operation until I die (I’m young too).

If I was at the Mill, I would seriously be looking for a new place so you don't have to destroy/sell all your NFA.
Not sure if serious, nobody's going to be destroying or selling anything they don't want to. I don't think I really conveyed this properly before but the mill is way more than just a building. People are not going to just shrivel up and throw in the towel. If you knew any of the tenants there you would know better.

I clearly missed something here…

I got the vibe that the Mill being sold was pretty much a done deal? It’s not if but when type of situation.

Not sure if serious, nobody's going to be destroying or selling anything they don't want to. I don't think I really conveyed this properly before but the mill is way more than just a building. People are not going to just shrivel up and throw in the towel. If you knew any of the tenants there you would know better.

I'm sure if the tenants had any say in the matter you would be right.

I'm also talking about the manufacturers.

Can the town or COP revoke a business license at any time?

If you like your gunshops, you can keep your gunshops. :(

Last edited:
I can't get over that stone faced liberal that scolded the board for not doing their job and protecting and reading the minds of everyone in town. What a hoot. Then another lady set her straight as everyone is sent a booklet as to whats on the docket. The mind set of these people do not surprise me at all, it's the same as sending your kids to school and they expect the town to raise their kids as they don't have time for that shit then yell and bitch when the kid gets in trouble. Yeah lady, you don't have time.

That selectman or whoever he was had a great point. What do these post menopausal women and their undersexed fat sportsball fan husbands expect, are they supposed to notify every town resident every time a business opens or switches hands?

I was glad, too. That needed to be said. These are LEGAL BUSINESSES. The town has no right to take action against them as long as they comply with the laws, and as many people pointed out, those laws are stringent.

The Karens were at least honest. Their only arguments were:

1. Won't someone think of the children?
2. NIMBY
3. Fire the police chief! Even though he's always been fine to me.

There was nothing logical or rational. Just emotion.

I do not thing there was a single reference to any law or statistic by any of them. Zero. You could easily tell just by looking at people on the podium where they stood on the issue before they were going to speak. Only 2 or 3 non-liberals spoke.

I clearly missed something here…

I got the vibe that the Mill being sold was pretty much a done deal? It’s not if but when type of situation.
Sometimes people leave commercial properties like this on the market for a long time because suitable buyers (willing to buy a property like this for an acceptable price) come around infrequently. They may not be eager to sell but are willing to sell for the right price.

Made my first trip there today from the hinterlands of western mass.
Pretty cool place and everyone I met was nice and helpful. Really put the shops out by me to shame, I hope I get plenty of chances to go back

Wait.

You're saying the local kids weren't all lying slain in pools of blood for miles in all directions? I thought that's what would happen after what I heard the speakers say...

This whole thread is a sad commentary on MA. If Maura becomes the Governer, she may try to set an example at the mill....Like anything else. If she doesn't have a real law to enforce, she'll make one up. Keep businesses tied up in paperwork for years.

I'm sure if the tenants had any say in the matter you would be right.

I'm also talking about the manufacturers.

Can the town or COP revoke a business license at any time?

If you like your gunshops, you can keep your gunshops. :(
Police don't issue business licenses nor can they revoke them.

Wait.

You're saying the local kids weren't all lying slain in pools of blood for miles in all directions? I thought that's what would happen after what I heard the speakers say...
It really is sad how far their delusion is from reality. I spoke to some of the nicest people I've ever met in the firearms community today. Responsible, knowledgable and professional business owners who are a net benefit to that building and community.
If they could drop their derangement for a moment and act like humans they may even have a few friendly conversations with strangers like I did today.
For what its worth the folks I spoke to didnt seem as stressed as those of us here are about the situation

Made my first trip there today from the hinterlands of western mass.
Pretty cool place and everyone I met was nice and helpful. Really put the shops out by me to shame, I hope I get plenty of chances to go back

I lived in Acton, basically next door to the Mill for two years, and I had nothing but positive experiences with the scary gun dealers there.

Also, I've met @one-eyed Jack a few times at the NES Green Shoots that got shut down. Good dude.

kingfisher_cropped_101x78.jpg

Back
Top Bottom