• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston LTC Heads Up

Wow! This is some nonsense. I renewed in Quincy last December, i recall calling the LTC desk and was simply told to get everything ready and come down before it expires. I came down a week before my bday and waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes The licensing officer took me to her desk, looked over my application and processed it on the spot. Snapped a new picture and told me to see myself out. She called a few weeks later to come and pick up my new ltc at the front desk.

Super easy and NBD.

I'm glad i dont live in Boston. Franklin had me come in a month before my expiration and had the new one by the time the old one expired.

Or call 2 weeks before your renewal date and ask for an interview. They will tell you how backed up they are. You will say great, so when is my interview? And you will magically get an appointment the day before your expiration date. Ask me how I know.

They said they sent out a mailer telling renewers to apply ASAP many months before. I told them that's nice but I did not see it in the mail.....

Imagine if everyone did this. Would that wake some people up?

I wonder if the weather on moon island During the cold winter months has something to do with wait

My last appointment was in a snowstorm and I was deathly ill. -20f winchill at the time. Eyes watering so bad I could barely see and I was relieved to reload since it meant the chance to thaw my frozen shivering hands on a warm cylinder. The harbor suuuuuuuuuucccckkkkssss in the wintertime.

My last appointment was in a snowstorm and I was deathly ill. -20f winchill at the time. Eyes watering so bad I could barely see and I was relieved to reload since it meant the chance to thaw my frozen shivering hands on a warm cylinder. The harbor suuuuuuuuuucccckkkkssss in the wintertime.

The woman I spoke of was undergoing treatment for cancer at the time. She gave up her LTC because she just couldn’t face those conditions.

What year? I’m hearing they are quietly exempting Seniors who are requalifying.

There will be no confirmation, waive it after interview.

• Firearms License Renewals: Firearms licenses are valid for 6 years. You must submit a request with your local police department for a renewal prior to the expiration date of your current license. If your application for renewal is made prior to the expiration date, your current license remains valid until the renewal is either approved or denied. Additional training is not required.
Gun ownership in Massachusetts

All well and good...unless one needs to buy ammo

All well and good...unless one needs to buy ammo
Per MGL that isn't true. However don't expect big box stores to be competent to read your MIRCS receipt and comprehend it. Some FFLs are just as bad and others will accommodate you per MGL.

Per MGL that isn't true. However don't expect big box stores to be competent to read your MIRCS receipt and comprehend it. Some FFLs are just as bad and others will accommodate you per MGL.

Based on what I've seen most any shop big or small won't.

Based on what I've seen most any shop big or small won't.
Reading comprehension is a lost art. If they read the MIRCS print-out the wording is very clear that any activity legal under the expired LTC is still legal until the new one is issued.

Their refusal to honor this is their privilege but stupid and likely to cause resentment/loss of customer once the new one is issued.

Back
Top Bottom