Bow Hunting Question

I was told by a friend of mine that you don't have to attend a safety course if your going to go bow hunting. I have tried looking it up on the licensing page, but I find it hard to follow. So do you or don't you need to attend a safety course?[halfmast][thinking]

I believe you do in MA.

The law has been that you need the prior year (or the year when the law passed, maybe??) hunting license or proof of safety course in order to buy a license. I could be wrong about this though but this is my understanding.

But I doubt all hunting license sales are being done correctly. I usually show my prior year's license so they can easily copy the info. But I am not sure if they would have actually asked for it.

According to the Mass Wildlife flier you need a) an old license or b) hunters safety. Either of those may be as old as you like.

Thats my take at least.

AE

I'm not too sure about MA, (I've got old archery tags that are good enough), but I believe that most states require either an old stamp/tag/license, etc... or an IBEP certification, and maybe plus a hunter safety course. If you have to take an IBEP course, be prepared!

Back
Top Bottom