• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BREAKING: Man took 5 guns, body armor into Atlantic Station Publix, cops say

Reptile

NES Member
A man was detained Wednesday afternoon after walking into the Atlantic Station Publix with five guns and body armor, authorities said.

Police were called to the grocery store just after 1:30 p.m. and met with a manager who told them a man came in with a rifle and headed straight toward a bathroom, Atlanta police spokesman Officer Anthony Grant said.

“A witness observed the male and alerted store management, who then notified police,” Grant told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Officers at the scene spotted the man leaving the bathroom and quickly detained him for questioning. According to police, his weapons included two long guns and three pistols, all of which were concealed on his person.
Officers and paramedics are still interviewing the man and conducting a mental health evaluation, Grant said. His name has not been released, and authorities are still working to determine why he had so many guns inside the store.

Wednesday’s incident comes just two days after a gunman opened fire inside a Colorado supermarket, killing 10 people, including a police officer.

Several police cars are parked at Atlantic Station as officers continue the investigation. Atlantic Drive, one of the main surface streets that runs in front of Publix, is closed to traffic by gates and security guards.

Shoppers were being turned away as they approached the grocery store, but there were still plenty of people milling about the open-air mall. Most of those at Atlantic Station appeared unaware of the situation at the Publix, as nearby restaurants served guests on patios and shops remained open.

Was there an actual violation of GA or federal law here or was he arrested "just because"?

I'm going with 'just because', because it's for the children and old folks and LGBT people and BIPOC people who were feeling threatened over something that they didn't even know was happening.

“According to police, his weapons included two long guns and three pistols, all of which were concealed on his person.”

I am intrigued, bordering on impressed.

At first I was picturing some kind of comically not-sneaky trench coat situation (hence the speedy 911 call), but it says he was wearing a t-shirt(??). Maybe it’s a case of bad reporting, but how does one conceal three handguns and two long guns on one’s person while wearing just a t-shirt? Some kind of elaborate sling/holster system? Extremely baggy clothes?

One gun is none.

2 guns is one.

3 guns is two.
5313oe.jpg

“According to police, his weapons included two long guns and three pistols, all of which were concealed on his person.”

At first I was picturing some kind of comically not-sneaky trench coat situation (hence the speedy 911 call), but it says he was wearing a t-shirt(??). Maybe it’s a case of bad reporting, but how does one conceal three handguns and two long guns on one’s person while wearing just a t-shirt? Some kind of elaborate sling/holster system? Extremely baggy clothes?

He wasn’t concealing them that well if someone saw and called the cops.

“Rico Marley was booked into the Fulton County Jail on 11 charges, including five counts of criminal attempt to commit a felony and six counts of possession of firearm or knife during commission of or attempt to commit certain felonies, records show.”

Unless he confessed to felonious intent, these are simply trumped-up charges to hold him.

Lesson Learned - now the whackos will know to use the toilet before they leave home to commit a mass killing

I wonder who he planned on targeting. I guess we’ll just patiently for the authorities to tell us everything they learn. [laugh]

Anyone carrying all that into a supermarket with the intent to shoot the place up has to be either on drugs, completely insane/delusional (beyond wanting to do it in the first place), or not really serious about doing it if they decide to go to the bathroom first and stay there long enough for the cops to arrive. What was he doing, taking a dump? Jacking off? Giving himself a pep talk in the mirror? Talking to his handlers?

Idk rifles down the sides of your leg dual shoulder rig and pocket carry

So a man in body armor, “heavily armed” enters a store, runs for the bathroom.

Apparently he didn’t have time to comply with safe storage laws because he was about to shit himself.

Five years ago I’d say that was a typical Tuesday for me

To me what the whole incident demonstrates is how stupid a magazine ban is when you can conceal five guns while you’re running to the bathroom. I just hope he use the tactical Hamock...You know when you throw your pistol in your pants so you don’t leave it in the bathroom. That should be the first part of every officers training

And I hate to point out that he’s black because it’s completely irelevant. And he looks pretty upset in the mug shot like I can’t even hammer out a poop without being arrested

I always laugh when the media says "heavily armed".
Usually it means more than 10 rounds.

In this case - he really was heavily armed.

I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding and this gentleman had no ill intentions.

He did not do anything to anybody.

Back
Top Bottom