• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY cops kill man firing at mugger

It all adds up now.

Nathan Scott, 20, is seen chasing a couple down the street holding a 9 mm handgun around 5:55 p.m., with shots ringing out as they run for their lives near Remsen Avenue and East 57th Street.

That’s when cops are seen pulling up in a silver unmarked sedan, which comes to a screeching halt as at least four officers jump out and open fire, striking Scott with a barrage of bullets after he points a gun at them.
A 60-year-old innocent bystander was hit by stray bullets in the shootout but it is unclear if the shots came from Scott or the police officers.
Law enforcement sources said Scott had apparently just been mugged by 19-year-old Jeremiah Adams — the man seen high-tailing it down the street with an unidentified woman when cops pulled up.
Sources said Adams confessed to cops that he robbed Scott — who he said chased him and the woman for several blocks — and still had his wallet on him after the shooting.

He has not immediately been charged with robbing Scott.

Adams and the woman were not injured. It isn’t clear if the woman was involved in the dispute that sparked the shooting.

However, Adams was busted in an unrelated case after being identified as the suspect in a March 7 armed robbery in Brownsville, according to sources.

1. Don't go chasing a robber shooting your 9 in NYC. Or in any city. Just not smart. You own every bullet.

2. 4 cops, hail of bullets. Probably 2 hit. Unlike a vid of. . . . Iowa or something cops. Foot chase. Perp holding a gun and threatening. Single officer fires 3x from 30 feet. Hits him, WHILE ON HTE RUN, 2x including a head shot. Oswald type shooting there. NYPD??? 60 bullets, 1-2 hits.

3. The cops DEFINITELY hit the old man. LOL.

4. And last but not least - regarding the perp that stole the guy's wallet leading to the chase. . . .

He has not immediately been charged with robbing Scott.

F'ing NYC.

So some guy gets robbed and is defending himself and is shot down by cops who apparently also shot several bystanders and yet there are comments praising the police for 'running into the gunfire'. Weirdsville, USA.
No the cops show up seeing some guy chasing a couple people shooting at them. Of course they are going to light him up.

Kind of hard to tell everyone to stop and ask questions

So some guy gets robbed and is defending himself and is shot down by cops who apparently also shot several bystanders and yet there are comments praising the police for 'running into the gunfire'. Weirdsville, USA.
Something about the image of a 20 year old chasing a couple and firing a gun at them in NYC...I dont imagine the victim was a jehovah's witness.

But, how did society benefit from that interaction?
I'm not making any judgements except that I can understand the cops doing what they did, what's unfortunate is the victim didn't use his gun to defend himself in the first place and shoot them in the face

Last edited:
I'm not making any judgements except that I can understand the cops doing what they did, what's unfortunate is the victims didn't have a gun to defend themselves in the first place and shoot the guy in the face

The “victims” just mugged the guy.

I don’t blame the cops who shot, if the guy continued to shoot or aimed his gun at them…. Except for their terrible performance dumping a bunch of ammo with a very low hit percentage and also hitting a bystander as much as they hit this guy. But that’s NYPD and their brass for you. 12 pound triggers are s4f3r. Der

Sounds like the victim of the robbery was chasing after the robber and shooting. I think it’s no longer self defense when you’re chasing after someone on a public street and shooting at them while they try to evade you

The “victims” just mugged the guy.

I don’t blame the cops who shot, if the guy continued to shoot or aimed his gun at them…. Except for their terrible performance dumping a bunch of ammo with a very low hit percentage and also hitting a bystander as much as they hit this guy. But that’s NYPD and their brass for you. 12 pound triggers are s4f3r. Der
Correct.

My spell check jammed that post, the guy should have used his CCW in the first place is what I meant.

If cops show up and start firing you best dive for cover fast, I've never been in a shootout so I can't comment on mag dumps going in every different direction but theur is a history of spraying and praying in these type of situations unfortunately

If cops show up and start firing you best dive for cover fast, I've never been in a shootout so I can't comment on mag dumps going in every different direction but theur is a history of spraying and praying in these type of situations unfortunately
It’s the shoot until there is no more threat strategy. Probably better than the alternatives. But once that train leaves the station, it’s awful hard to turn it around.

You cant stop and apologize mid spray and pray?
No. That would be shoot until the threat is half way gone, see if the threat was morally justified in being a threat, and then either continue to shoot or stop shooting depending on the answer.

Way more complicated than mag dump

Who cares? He is an adult and not imprisoned. He shouldn’t need a permit to exercise his constitutional right
From somebody’s cold dead hands. In the real world, NY residents need to be 21 and have a carry license. Until your utopian dreams come true, he’s breaking the law. On top of that, he’s an idiot for shooting at folks who are not a threat to him. PSGWSP.

That’s why people who value their freedom, like their money and obey the law often choose to live in NH😎.

From somebody’s cold dead hands. In the real world, NY residents need to be 21 and have a carry license. Until your utopian dreams come true, he’s breaking the law. On top of that, he’s an idiot for shooting at folks who are not a threat to him. PSGWSP.

That’s why people who value their freedom, like their money and obey the law often choose to live in NH😎.
I understand he’s breaking an unconstitutional law.

When I ask who cares, I’m asking what 2A supporter would care whether a free man is carrying a gun with or without a permit.

To your last point, I would suggest that people who value their freedom and disagree with the aforementioned laws, choose to live in NH. Their peaceful and law-abiding behavior, if done in NY, would get them locked in jail. That is an indication that NY law is in the wrong and not the free man carrying a firearm. So who would care, besides those who wish to prevent others from exercising rights that many of us also do?

Back
Top Bottom