British fugitive shoots dead two unarmed policewomen

The purpose of LEOs being armed is so that they might defend themselves if presented with deadly force in the course of their duties.

[STRIKE=undefined]Same self-defense we are all entitled to.[/STRIKE]

Not us mere civilians according to some, just look at the f'ed up laws that prove this point...

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleII/Chapter278/Section8A
In the prosecution of a person who is an occupant of a dwelling charged with killing or injuring one who was unlawfully in said dwelling, it shall be a defense that the occupant was in his dwelling at the time of the offense

Note, you're automatically proescuted for defending yourself. I don't see any laws that indicate cops have to go thru this bullshit, in any state [angry]

It only makes sense that if citizens can't have guns, then the coppers can either. What's fair is fair.

tweeeeet tweet tweet...."Halt ! Halt or I'll holler halt again !"

Its obvious some citizens have guns so that argument irrelevant.

A nation without firearms is a nation of lambs. They created this mess in ever increasingly violent world. Its almost hard to feel bad for them.

Its obvious some citizens have guns so that argument irrelevant.

A nation without firearms is a nation of lambs. They created this mess in ever increasingly violent world. Its almost hard to feel bad for them.

I remember seeing the pictures of the 100 and 200 year old guns getting turned in and destroyed, it was horrible.

The purpose of LEOs being armed is so that they might defend themselves if presented with deadly force in the course of their duties.

Same self-defense we are all entitled to.

The real problem is the concept of using firearms to demand compliance when no lethal threat is presented. The fact that people have come to believe THIS is why police are armed is the problem. Not the guns themselves.

The purpose of police not being armed, as laid out by Sir Robert Peel, is to prevent the latter. When he created the modern police force, it was to enforce laws with the consent of the public. He didn't want police having more force than the public, and said that if police had a justified need for force, the citizens around them would gladly provide it.

I would like to see the stats from the home office on dog shootings.

I bet it just doesn't happen there.

Back
Top Bottom