BUAS - We're back!

kimmie1911

NES Member
I'm happy to announce that Mystic Valley Gun club at 146 Canal Street in Malden will be hosting Boston Urban Action Shooters USPSA level 1 handgun indoor matches for another season!

First match, November 13th and then every 2nd Sunday through April. (Yes, I know November conflicts with Harvard but we have donuts!!!!!). Same routine, e-mail [email protected] to register. Registration for the November match opens at 9am, October 31st. Thereafter, registration for the next match will open at midnight, the night of the match.

Check in for match between 8-8:30am. First shots by 9:15am. 4 stages including a classifier. $20 fee paid at match.

We're looking forward to another great season!!!! (And we have a new supply of fire extinguishers, lol)

I just heard about the USPSA matches at Mystic. I'd like to attend one of these (fills up quickly from what I'm told) and was wondering about the registration process. I simply email deemah at midnight saying I'd like to register? Give name, USPSA #, division, class info also??

You would have had to email the morning of November 14th to register for the December 11 match. Go ahead and email Donna now and ask to register if it is not full, or get on the waiting list if it is.

practiscore pre-reg may be in the future for these matches

You would have had to email the morning of November 14th to register for the December 11 match. Go ahead and email Donna now and ask to register if it is not full, or get on the waiting list if it is.

practiscore pre-reg may be in the future for these matches

Gotcha. But doesn't the OP say that registration opens at midnight the night of each match? Maybe I'm misinterpreting the post?

But I'll send her an email to confirm. Thanks Sean.

A big Thank You to everyone that put today's match on. A couple of very interesting stages, and two classifiers.

Thanks Dan! It was good to see you! And to my crazy partners in crime, Joe and Steve, every time I think they outdid themselves on a stage design, they just take it to the next level! My plan on Stage 1; go to every opening, look left, look right, look up, look down, and then shoot everything once or twice!

I agree that it was another very good match. We need to thank everyone for the varied and challenging stages that they set up in a very limited space. Great job!

Excellent match!

I like the stages, and I am very happy I did not find myself walking through the first stage and randomly shooting at random targets.

Just heard back from Donna that I made the cut for January's match. Looking forward to it!

Any chance of this snowstorm affecting tomorrow's match? Any parking problems due to the snow?
Lastly, seeing that it's going to be 15 degrees tomorrow morning, does it get pretty cold inside? Just trying to plan ahead (never been to mystic before) as I've been to a few indoor ranges during the winter and some are fairly warm and some are freezing cold.

Thanks guys.

Any chance of this snowstorm affecting tomorrow's match? Any parking problems due to the snow?
Lastly, seeing that it's going to be 15 degrees tomorrow morning, does it get pretty cold inside? Just trying to plan ahead (never been to mystic before) as I've been to a few indoor ranges during the winter and some are fairly warm and some are freezing cold.

Thanks guys.
There's a large parking lot across the street for overflow of the club's lot. It can be cold, so layers is a good idea. The floors can be slippery, shoes with softer soles are a good thing.

There's a large parking lot across the street for overflow of the club's lot. It can be cold, so layers is a good idea. The floors can be slippery, shoes with softer soles are a good thing.

Good to know. I'll make sure to bring layers and wear warm winter socks. Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks Dan!

I'm pissed that I didn't make the cut for registration. Set my alarm clock for 1150 pm last month but didn't wake up until 1215 or so, long after the match filled up [thinking]

Always next month.

Once again, a big Thank You to Donna and those that put the match on today! Steve, Joe and Darren put some fun with guns on the ranges, as they always do!

Thanks guys! And thanks to everyone who came out in spite of the dire forecast. We had a full house! Although in Boston, I'm still waiting for this thing they call a blizzard [hmmm]

Another great match.... Thanks to BUAS staff and all other helpers - I am always amazed at the stages at these matches.....

Back
Top Bottom