Bunkered Down (Again)

As another election night comes to an end, I have a vision of those WWII movies with the partisans in 1943 France - silently collected around their radio in a root cellar listening for code phrases - and I fight the urge to cover all the windows with wool blankets so the light cannot escape.

I am in the dark, clicking between FOX and NECN listening to reports of hope for individual freedom returning to nearby lands such as Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Florida and others, while the Big Government crowd once again secures their hold over the Commonwealth. Gains have been made as close by as New Hampshire, but the battle has been lost at home.

Obviously a lot more work needs to be done. How does a tax evader defeat the most precisely prepared candidate for any office (Bump v. Connaughton) or "Married to the Mob" Tierney defeat his challenger by 14 points. This is a rhetorical question - it is the PRC, anything can happen.

In the first reports out of the new regime (same as the old regime), Blathering Barney displayed the math skills that made him such a success in banking oversight, blustering about the "media hype calling it a close race. I beat him by 20 percentage points". It is currently reported as 11 points Barney. Still significant, but obviously viewed through the same fantasy goggles that helped you see that Fannie and Freddie were financially sound.

Tonight, I will continue to listen as the tide of freedom restores hope in other states, then play the Talking Heads "Life during the Wartime" once or twice before going to bed.

Tomorrow I renew my GOAL membership and stock up on peanut butter... the resistance continues.

i like this guy from florida allen west alot he won tonite we need a lot more like him

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom