Burris Tactical Scope Rings

dadreilly

NES Member
Does anyone know the size of the nut to tighten the rings on the rail on Burris Tactical rings. I can't seem to find it on their web site. I ordered a set and want to set up a wrench or socket to keep in my range bag.

Does anyone know the size of the nut to tighten the rings on the rail on Burris Tactical rings. I can't seem to find it on their web site. I ordered a set and want to set up a wrench or socket to keep in my range bag.

If it is the Burris xtreme rings I believe mine are 1/2 inch.

Thanks to the both wahsben & Foxhill for replying. I got an email telling me the rings shipped today. Now I can set something up for the range bag

Dadreilly,

Get a FAT Wrench (Firearm Accurizing Torque) Wrench it's an in-line adjustable torque wrench adjustable from 5 in-lbs to 60 in-lbs. It takes a standard 1/4" hex socket and comes with a 1/4" square drive to drive standard wrench sockets. That will allow you to make sure you torque them the same every time.

The nice thing is the ability to adjust it from scope ring adjustments upto torquing action screws in pillard military stocks. Ad a small set of gunsmithing screwdriver tips and it will cover a lot of your tool needs.

I think I have one of those kicking around with some of my firearms related tool. I kinda forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder, it should do the job and allow repeatability to boot.

Back
Top Bottom