Buying ammo on-line...

Please do not crap all over me for posting this.

I know, I know, I know...Nobody here is going to post any vendors that will ship ammo to MA for obvious reasons. That is perfectly understandable. Also, since I am a relatively new NES member very few of you know me or have met me and that may lead to "trust issues". I can certainly understand that.

Be that as it may, I plead with you to PM me with info about places that will indeed ship ammo to MA.

I am so frustrated trying to get bulk ammo around here. Every time I go Cabela's, Bass Pro (on hour drive each way) or some of the local gun shops, they either do not have the ammo or if they do it is ridiculously overpriced. I try to support the local shops as much as I can but getting ammo with 100% markup just isn't in my budget. Now that I have an AR-15 (with another on the way via NES lower group buy) I am going to need to feed the beasts.

So, please...have mercy and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Taken from IMDB's movie quotes of the 2001 flick Blow:

Cesar Toban: Do you have pictures of your kids?
Jack Stevens: What?
Cesar Toban: I need to see them. I'll also need their names and the names of their schools. We are trusting you with millions of dollars of coke, Mr. Stevens. Without your children, there is no deal.

Now edited with NES idealogy:

Milsurps 4 Me: Do you have pictures of your firearms?
Big Red: What?
Milsurps 4 Me: I need to see them. I'll also need transfer forms with the information of them. We are trusting you with priceless information, Mr. Big Red. Without your firearms, there is no deal.

[rofl]

Sorry... had to add some humor here. [wink]

Seriously though, there are no more vendors shipping to Mass. There is however no law stopping you from getting an out of state address say for example at a UPS store and getting ammo sent to you.

Now that was funny...[laugh2]

Big Red, I know your frustration, but have patience brother. We'll be having an NES Members Spring Shoot soon, (hint hint Ray) and you'll get to meet a bunch of us. There, you will begin to get the answers you seek....I also have a good local source and just sent you a PM...Hang in there brother.... [cheers]

Seriously though, there are no more vendors shipping to Mass. There is however no law stopping you from getting an out of state address say for example at a UPS store and getting ammo sent to you.

Actually... there is 1 (which I'm certain that the AG is well aware of).

Bad news is that the choice of calibers available is extremely limited. [thinking]

I managed to get an order for a case of 75gr Black Hills Blue shipped to my home from a small-scale dealer late last year. It wasn't an amazing deal (still around $.40/rd), but I needed to get started with something. A few months later, I tried to order more... seems he no longer ships to MA, FFL or no.

I'm convinced that the only way to feed an AR these days is handloading. Even then, most of the internet shops won't ship brass or bullets to MA private dealers, but there are dealers around who will accept orders of reloading supplies for you.

The safest way for all to go about this is to make friends at the local range, and pick their brains. Even though there are some people here with 1000+ posts, I don't know some of them from a hole in the wall.

The only reason I have to order ammo from a mail order place is if they have something the other dealers I use don't sell.

You also have to learn the fine art of bargaining. Don't be put off by marked pricing at a gun store- find the owner/manager and say "how much do I have to pay if I am going to buy 2 cases of this" and chances are the numbers will often come down at least a few points. This won't work well with the box stores most of the times, but the smaller FFLs might be willing to deal a little when they know you're offering to relieve them of a larger
amount of their inventory. [laugh]

Not to mention that in a lot of cases when it gets down to the nub, even the "cheap online ammo prices" don't include shipping anyways (in most cases) so you have to tack on the $20+ or whatever it costs for UPS to ship it, so be sure to factor that in when visiting dealers.

The root of all this is the ammo/component prices are getting out of hand to begin with, so that's a problem by itself. This makes it a lot harder to gauge what is a good deal or not.... because it seems like pricing varies
from one day to the next, and it generally just gets worse. When you see something you want, at a
reasonable price, you need to play the role of "chiuaua on a porkchop" and buy as much of it as you can
afford. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
Taken from IMDB's movie quotes of the 2001 flick Blow:

Cesar Toban: Do you have pictures of your kids?
Jack Stevens: What?
Cesar Toban: I need to see them. I'll also need their names and the names of their schools. We are trusting you with millions of dollars of coke, Mr. Stevens. Without your children, there is no deal.

Now edited with NES idealogy:

Milsurps 4 Me: Do you have pictures of your firearms?
Big Red: What?
Milsurps 4 Me: I need to see them. I'll also need transfer forms with the information of them. We are trusting you with priceless information, Mr. Big Red. Without your firearms, there is no deal.

[rofl]

Sorry... had to add some humor here. [wink]

[laugh2] GREAT MOVIE!!! and quote.

Now that was funny...[laugh2]

Big Red, I know your frustration, but have patience brother. We'll be having an NES Members Spring Shoot soon, (hint hint Ray) and you'll get to meet a bunch of us. There, you will begin to get the answers you seek....I also have a good local source and just sent you a PM...Hang in there brother.... [cheers]

A good local source? Not sharing with the locals (me[laugh])? [sad2]

Actually... there is 1 (which I'm certain that the AG is well aware of).

Bad news is that the choice of calibers available is extremely limited. [thinking]

There must be two then. Because the place I know that ships ammo to Mass has just about everything under the sun from rare milsurp calibers (both old and new production) to stuff like the flamethrower rounds for 12 gauge shotguns. I've even bought incendiary rounds from them for my WASR just to check them out when I get a chance which will have to be somewhere other than my club as they don't allow those rounds. But I won't be giving out the information to that anytime soon as I myself also am somewhat new and don't know too many people. Although I do like bribes.....[smile].

Back
Top Bottom