buying out of state.

Neptune Cat

NES Member
I live in Massachusetts

When buying a rifle from an out of state source I need to fill out an FA10 and send that in. Is this correct? I have searched NES and understand this to be so.

In about 1996-1997 I bought a rifle from Vermont and I don't remember for the life of me if I had filed any paperwork at that time. Is there anyway to find out if that rifle is legally owned by me? That is, without getting myself in some sort of trouble?

Yes, FA-10 is required.

NO! Admitting a crime is NOT a good way to find out anything. [And that included posting such info on any public forum or Email.]

Besides which they used "Blue Cards" back then for private transfer reporting and in 1998 they DESTROYED ALL BLUE CARDS and only entered private transactions into their database starting in 1998. [They only entered dealer sales from 1986 onward too.]

I have a large number of guns which are "not registered", even though ALL of them were "papered" with FA-10s or "Blue Cards" upon purchase prior to 1986 (dealer) or 1998 (private).

Don't worry about the past that far back but just follow the law from now on. This is NOT legal advice and IANAL.

Back
Top Bottom