• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do I need to fill out an eFA-10 when selling firearms to a licensed FFL?

I can’t find a legitimate answer to this, but I sold a couple .22lr rifles to Kittery Trading Post last summer in exchange for a 10/22. A couple years before I sold a Mossberg Patriot directly back to a mass based store.
I never filled out the eFA10 because I was told it only for private sale and transfers without an FFL involved. Am I screwed?

Season 4 Whatever GIF by The Office

Ok so it doesn’t matter for out of state sales I guess, what about the in state sales directly to a FFL? Same thing or does it vary?

The EFA10 system is for the private sales of firearms between licensed individuals. You aren’t selling it to a licensed individual.

IMG_2935.jpeg

The law, very strictly speaking, says you should be doing a FA10 to the MA dealer as the seller as per MGL c.140 Section 128A

The EFA10 system is for the private sales of firearms between licensed individuals. You aren’t selling it to a licensed individual.

View attachment 861025

If you actually open the portal itself and not just the MA.gov website, the portal has the following language for "Personal Sale or Transfer”: 1710366631395.png

The MA Gun Transaction Portal has the capability to accept an MA State dealer’s license number. It should be “displayed on the premises in a position where it can easily be read" as per MGL c. 140 Section 123.

However, I wouldn’t give a crap about it if I were you. Even though what I’ve posted is indeed what the law says, in reality pretty much no one does this and I’m not aware of anyone being charged for this offense.

I can’t find a legitimate answer to this, but I sold a couple .22lr rifles to Kittery Trading Post last summer in exchange for a 10/22. A couple years before I sold a Mossberg Patriot directly back to a mass based store.
I never filled out the eFA10 because I was told it only for private sale and transfers without an FFL involved. Am I screwed?
How much do you like your dog?

View: https://youtu.be/1STikFZ2znk?t=44

Back
Top Bottom