Buying reloading components @ gun shows

kel

Are gunshows a good place to go looking for reloading components? Brass, bullets, primers, powerder etc? I have never been to one.

NOT at the Big E! Only 1 dealer allowed to sell this stuff outdoors in a tent.

Marlboro show has some powder and components dealers (plural), so it is a better bet.

Last show in Seabrook, NH had a decent dealer with good prices on powder and primers. I haven't seen any decent pricing on bullets. I wish someone would stock the surplus powder and primers. Save me the hazmat charges. Unfortunatly, the only thing I can remeber about him was that he was from the Reading,MA area.

Marlboro show has some powder and components dealers (plural), so it is a better bet.
Guess I missed them, because the last time I was there I didn't see squat. Just a couple guys selling small lots at high prices. No place where I could buy bullets by the thousand.

rscalzo said:
Last show in Seabrook, NH had a decent dealer with good prices on powder and primers. I haven't seen any decent pricing on bullets. I wish someone would stock the surplus powder and primers. Save me the hazmat charges. Unfortunatly, the only thing I can remeber about him was that he was from the Reading,MA area.
If this is the same guy that has his wife working with him I've bought off him a few times. He had 4 lb jugs when everyone else at the show only had one pounders. I've since found a place with 8 lb jugs that are much cheaper per pound. Bulk is the way to go.

Must be because I bought my four pound jugs from him. I use Unique and his price was $54.00 for the 4 lb. container. Riley's was charging about $16.00 for the one pound jug.

Unfortunatly no one had any deals on bulk lots of bullets. The best deal I saw (and missed) was a bulk purchase put together down at Reading Gun Club.

Last edited:
NOT at the Big E!

Not quite, Len. IIRC, bullets and brass have been on sale inside the building. Powder and primers outside (if the right guy is there).

Only one guy at the Seabrook show. He just happened to have what I was looking for at a good price. The show is so small it really isn't worth a trip except it is very close to the house. Otherwise I wait for Concord or Manchester.

Where and when is the Schriner's show?

Back
Top Bottom