Calling all North Attleboro Residents - 2A TV

I'm looking for all the North Attleboro Residents that might be interested in starting a local Second Admendment TV Show.

I have spoken to Derek about being able to put up the NES address, and ask for people to help on here. And as I'm posting this, you can guess what he said.

So, what does everyone say? I've already spoken to North TV and they said that then they start the next set of classes, I'll be called.

I can get more people on the list, so if you would like to help, let me know.

I'm thinking that we can do things like have a show with GOAL, talk about safety and Education, talk to the local PD as North is VERY green. I'm sure that we can come up with TONS of ideas.

I told Derek that if we use NES on the show...if this happens, that we'll run all the Ideas by him.

But there's a lot of people on here that would be good to have a guests to make a very good and informative show. One that we can use to take the myths and fears slowly down.

I know that a lot of people will think that it's a dumb Idea...and I don't want to hear it.

This thead is asking for help to make this happen. Not to poo poo on a good idea.

Oh, and just to put that up there.

We need to be North Attleboro Residents to take the free classes to make the free shows.

That's why I'm hoping that we can get more North people to help out. Once we have that, then we can talk shows, ideas and formats.

Will this be something only NA residents will be able to watch?

Anyway, good luck with the venture!

Will this be something only NA residents will be able to watch?

Maybe not. There is no reason that this can't exported to other community access cable boards, right cpher? Any interest in broadening this to a larger community effort. It may make finding volunteers easier. I have contacts on the cable board in peabody (which has the peabody CLEO on it...[rofl2]) who I can ask about what it would take to set up the joint programming efforts. From what I understand, the programming would be done separate but the actual video and audio would be taken from the pool. Kinda like how PBS does things.

Maybe not. There is no reason that this can't exported to other community access cable boards, right cpher? Any interest in broadening this to a larger community effort. It may make finding volunteers easier. I have contacts on the cable board in peabody (which has the peabody CLEO on it...[rofl2]) who I can ask about what it would take to set up the joint programming efforts. From what I understand, the programming would be done separate but the actual video and audio would be taken from the pool. Kinda like how PBS does things.

I don't know that much about it yet. But if that's possible, then I'm all for it.

But from what I know, it's only on North TV...I might be surrounding Attleboro Towns as well...but I'm not sure.

Excellent idea C-pher, and good on you for wanting to do this. Ed and I became members of our community TV. If anyone wants to help him, then you do need to attend the classes (this isn't rocket science folks) to become a member and to learn how to operate the equipment. If it was like what we did - it's 1 night a week for 3 weeks - but they might be a bit different.

Excellent idea C-pher, and good on you for wanting to do this. Ed and I became members of our community TV. If anyone wants to help him, then you do need to attend the classes (this isn't rocket science folks) to become a member and to learn how to operate the equipment. If it was like what we did - it's 1 night a week for 3 weeks - but they might be a bit different.

No, that's what she told me. It's one night a week, three weeks, the run from 7-9 pm.

A great idea, C-pher. I am not in your area, but I wish you the best of luck with this.

If you want to increase your audience you might want to consider doing a "Naked Shooter" series. Sex sells!

Just sayin'....[laugh]

Cool idea man, I know GOAL does a show out in Pittsfield so there is some history on the idea if nothing else. I think you would make a great host for this kind of thing, it suits you.

Might be a good idea to talk to the PD and get the licensing officer (b/c it is a green town) on for a segment also maybe some Military vets...there is a bunch you can do.

I used to be involved with the town cable committee. I recorded and broadcast town meetings and kids sports events. Everything we did was recorded to digital tape and/or DVD. When it was time to schedule it for broadcast we'd load the recording into the server and queue it up on the scheduler.

If your cable operates in a similar manner, shows that you produce can be copied and mailed to NES members in other towns. They in turn can ask their local cable to broadcast it. I personally don't have time to be on the producing end anymore, but I would volunteer to get your shows onto our town channel.

I used to be involved with the town cable committee. I recorded and broadcast town meetings and kids sports events. Everything we did was recorded to digital tape and/or DVD. When it was time to schedule it for broadcast we'd load the recording into the server and queue it up on the scheduler.

If your cable operates in a similar manner, shows that you produce can be copied and mailed to NES members in other towns. They in turn can ask their local cable to broadcast it. I personally don't have time to be on the producing end anymore, but I would volunteer to get your shows onto our town channel.

Thank you. You confirmed what I suspected but would have needed to wait till sunday to confirm. There you go chper, once you have a show, you can build an audience. It should help in finding volunteers too.

C-Pher,

Excellent idea and kudos on your commitment to do it.

It makes me wonder why there aren't more statewide cable TV offerings with the goal of educating and entertaining the public about 2nd Amendment issues.

Nice, if I knew what in the hell you guys were talking about, then I'd be on board. LOL!

Syndication Jack! (GnR lyric...) Anyhow, the idea is to syndicate the program you create into other communities. You record a show in N. Attleboro for N. Attleboro but you get it shown in NA, Pittsfield, chickopee, lynnfield, etc. The idea being that you may get more participation if can find a wider audience. Lets take one of our resident attention whores as an example who lives on the North Shore (I can't imagine who I would be thinking about here...[smile]). This person may not want to help out if his peeps on the N. Shore don't get to watch, but he may be more apt to help out if the program is syndicated to Woburn, lynn and Peabody. Obviously in small productions like this, people do stuff both in front and behind the camera so in exchange for a little attention whoring opportunity, you get a worker bee as well.

I surmise from your statements above you have a need for N. Attleboro people that you need local participation to get the resources for production. Syndication can't help that, but once you have that, you can grow bigger. There is an of chance that other communities would help pay the production budget in NA for your show but I suspect to make that happen it would require a lot of effort. But maybe you have someone here who can do some of that production work and you don't need the town CA cable money... [thinking]

Got ya. I see...so I need to find out if we can send this show to other towns. I will find that out once I get into the classes.

Yea, the town lets NA residents use the equpiment for free. And where we're all 2A supporters here...it would be nice to have two or three of us working to do the show. We've got a lot of "Freedom" shows that run on North TV, so I would think that it wouldn't be a problem. But I guess that we'll see how it goes.

I don't know.. I wonder if I'm the one that does the show, produce and edits the show...if I get to keep a copy.

Or if it's property of North TV because I used their equipment.

I don't see why you couldn't burn a 2nd copy while doing the production. In Berlin, we got to keep a copy. I have a few DVDs with my kids games on them.

Technically, seeing as you're doing the production you own the copyright.

C-pher,
I have it on very good authority that if you produce and direct the show yourself, instead of using the North TV staff, that the production is your property, and you can make a copy and send it to other cable access stations for airing as well.

Cool, now all I need are some more people from North Attleboro that want to help and take the classes with me.

Hey C....I don't think the HAVE to be from No. Attleboro. HCTV has members from outside of Haverhill. They only have to agree that if anything they borrow equipment for and shoot has to be shown on HCTV.

Hey C....I don't think the HAVE to be from No. Attleboro. HCTV has members from outside of Haverhill. They only have to agree that if anything they borrow equipment for and shoot has to be shown on HCTV.

This is what's listed on the site.

North TV conducts training workshops for North Attleborough residents who are interested in access television and/or being a volunteer.

The four training workshops are free and are available to all town residents.

Participants learn how to operate North TV’s production equipment.

They will be able to use the skills they learn to produce their own television shows for North TV. The policies of the cable industry apply.

But yea, it doesn't say that you HAVE to be a North Resident. But I think that to take the classes you have to be...I'll see what I can find out.

This is what's listed on the site.

But yea, it doesn't say that you HAVE to be a North Resident. But I think that to take the classes you have to be...I'll see what I can find out.

Maybe you can hang up a poster in a few local shops & see what kind of response you get...

I told C-pher I was interested in checking it out. I think it could be fun and for ideas all we need to do is find them here on the forums.

Back
Top Bottom