Can anyone see the real problem here?

Shit like this makes antis want to ban every gun but it makes me want to have every felon who has killed someone rot in jail for the rest of their time here on earth. Crawford got a slap on the wrist of 5 years for voluntary manslaughter. That slap on the wrist probably made him think he could get away with it again.

http://news.aol.com/article/cleveland-shooting-family-killed/372230?icid=200100125x1219115567x1201343407

CLEVELAND (March 6) - Police searched Friday for a newlywed suspected of killing his wife, his sister-in-law and three young children in one of the city's most horrific shootings in years.
The victims were found Thursday night on the top floor a two-family home on the city's west side, police said.

Authorities said they were searching for 33-year-old Davon Crawford, whose wife, Lechea Crawford, 30, was among those killed.
Police identified the other victims as Lechea Crawford's sister Rose Stevens, 25, and her three children: Destiny Woods, 4; and 2-year-old twins Dion and Davion Primm. Another child was being treated at MetroHealth Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Susan Christopher said.
Authorities had previously said the victims were one woman and four children; there was no immediate explanation Friday for the discrepancy.
A police helicopter assisted in the search and authorities were checking transit system buses.
"It's probably one of the worst multiple shootings that I've seen in a long time," said Police Chief Michael McGrath. A news conference was scheduled.

Crawford served almost five years in prison for voluntary manslaughter, according to prison records. He was released in 2000, returned to prison on a felonious assault conviction and released again in 2007.

Outside the home, Lamar Arnold told The Plain Dealer that Crawford, whom he recognized from a police photo, was the man who had married his daughter on Monday.
Arnold said his daughter had sent him an unusual cell phone text message at 7:47 p.m. Thursday saying "Call me, live your life, love it."
"Then I tried to call her about 12 times, and there never was an answer," he said.
Police said there were two rental units in the house, and all the victims were killed in the upstairs apartment. The building is on a tree-lined street of older, mostly two-story frame houses and some apartment buildings.
India Cobb told WJW-TV she saw Crawford, whom she identified as a cousin, earlier Thursday and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
"It didn't seem anything was wrong or anything like that," Cobb said. "He just got married ... He just had a baby girl. I don't understand what went wrong. I don't know what happened. I'm still trying to find out myself."
While on parole, which ended last year, Crawford passed several urine tests for drugs, paid his child support, had a full-time job and no run-ins with authorities, according to Andrea Carson, a spokeswoman for the Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.

A crowd milled around late Thursday near the home, including some who said they were family and friends of the victims.
Shortly after midnight, about four hours after the shootings, several women whom police had let into the cordoned-off area came back in tears, got into a car and left. Another woman walked away from the scene.

The real problem is the liberal feel good judicial system.

++

Crawford served almost five years in prison for voluntary manslaughter, according to prison records. He was released in 2000, returned to prison on a felonious assault conviction and released again in 2007.

How did no one see this guy as having some issues worth keeping him a bit longer? Yes we need to respect everyone's civil rights, but the writing was pretty much on the wall here.

--- I dont think the antis can capitalize greatly on this one, I mean the gun literally (as always) was just the tool. This guy had issues.

The justice system in this country is hardly "just." Its retribution over restitution and all the goodies go to the state.

Exactly. +1

This was something that I think deep down I sensed was wrong with our "justice" system but could never quite form the words to describe.

Then I read a book by a person named Mary Ruwart who also spelled out exactly what you said and it made a lot of sense.

We do not force criminals to make their victims whole. The govt. comes in and punishes the criminals and/or gets restitution from them. But the victims typically get nothing, and in fact get even worse than nothing because they are among those who are forced to pay taxes to support the jails that the criminals are put into.

This book is well worth reading - and it is online:
http://www.ruwart.com/Healing/rutoc.html

Chapter 13 is where she talks about the problem with the "justice" system

Justice does not consist of punishing the aggressor, but of making the victim whole

Liberals Soft of Violent Criminals, Hard on Non-Violent Citizens who disbelieve in their ideals.

There is no accountability in the parole system. Criminal's rights outweigh the victims' and society's.

It's a system that's really broken.

Each parole board member that let this POS out should serve time as an accessory to murder.

Then, they would think twice about releasing garbage like this guy when he belongs behind bars for all of his days.

The guy's dirt napping now, he killed himself late yesterday when he was surrounded........but there are plenty of other thugs walking free to take his place.

Yeah, this country makes a lot of effing sense... That scumbag gets five years for involuntary manslaughter, and on another thread they're talking about a 10 year sentence if you have a large cap magazine made after 1994.

Makes a lot of sense, huh?

Back
Top Bottom