"Can I mix powders?....."

He should give his facebook login to a friend so there will be someone who can post the results for him while he's in the hospital after his range test.

"Can I mix powders?....."

It's a troll. The flame height comment has to do with a shaydy builder who blamed a bunch of cracked slides on a 'batch of hot powder'. The way this builder showed this was to fill two cases with Lots X & Y of said powder and then to set them on fire. The flame was higher on one - proof that it was a hot batch of powder and not the builders fault.

Last edited:
It's a troll. The flame height comment has to do with a shady builder who blamed a bunch of cracked slides on a 'batch of hot powder'. The way this builder showed this was to fill two cases with Lots X & Y of said powder and then to set them on fire. The flame was higher on one - proof that it was a hot batch of powder and not the builders fault.

Yeah I'd say your correct, the more I read the follow up comments from that guy and others.

Mixing powders is perfectly safe as long as you compress it. Fill the case completely, then use excessive force to seat the bullet. Opt for a nice, night crimp that breaks through the jacketing as well.

(sarcasm)

Mixing powders is perfectly safe as long as you compress it. Fill the case completely, then use excessive force to seat the bullet. Opt for a nice, night crimp that breaks through the jacketing as well.

(sarcasm)

Who needs to weight them, just fill the case with powder to the top, level off the extra and use a mallet to wack the round down into the case to seat it. Final COL will be set as the round gets chambered. Consistent COL is overrated anyways.

Who needs to weight them, just fill the case with powder to the top, level off the extra and use a mallet to wack the round down into the case to seat it. Final COL will be set as the round gets chambered. Consistent COL is overrated anyways.

[laugh]

I don't reload because I know my limitations, maybe the guy asking the question should take a deep inward look and rethink his reloading career.
squib-failure1.jpg

Mike - help me out here please? What's "COL"?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't reload because I know my limitations, maybe the guy asking the question should take a deep inward look and rethink his reloading career.
squib-failure1.jpg

See the Serial Number? This is a perfect illustration of the state of CT under the current administration...

Sounds like you guys never heard of a double base powder.
Its made by mixing two single base powders.......oviously

Out at Camp Perry a few years ago, a friend asked one of the Marine Corps team shooters (it might have been the Reserve team, not sure) what was the load they were shooting. Marine told friend it was a mix of 2 powders that they had worked up. Friend was all excited about starting to experiment.

I reminded him of the fact that Marines out at Camp Perry are the biggest bullish!tters on the face of the earth.
That, and tell me when he's going to do this so I can be elsewhere.

Out at Camp Perry a few years ago, a friend asked one of the Marine Corps team shooters (it might have been the Reserve team, not sure) what was the load they were shooting. Marine told friend it was a mix of 2 powders that they had worked up. Friend was all excited about starting to experiment.

I reminded him of the fact that Marines out at Camp Perry are the biggest bullish!tters on the face of the earth.
That, and tell me when he's going to do this so I can be elsewhere.

That's quality material right there. [laugh2]

But I bet I can make a better load with *three* powders... [grin]

You take a male lion and a female tiger and you get a LIGER. a better, stronger animal than just a Lion or tigers. Same goes for powders you mix two different powders and create a super powder. Its just plain old nature at work. Thats why in some circles ammo made with mixed powder is called Liger ammo or in Asia Tigon ammo (male tiger, female lion).

attachment.php

Attachments

• liger-hercules-many-records-guinness-book.jpg
    liger-hercules-many-records-guinness-book.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom