Can someone under 21 buy (private sale) a handgun in NH?

JollyRodger

NES Member
I'm currently 19 and looking into getting my first handgun and looking up NH gun laws, and making sure I'm 100% correct on it. I know i cannot get it done via FFL since they cannot hold it for anyone under 21 but I should be all good to buy it from someone in NH. Any info is good to know

Everywhere is 21 from an FFL; but it looks like you're good for an individual sale, if you're over 18 and not a Prohibited person

Everywhere is 21 from an FFL; but it looks like you're good for an individual sale, if you're over 18 and not a Prohibited person

And a NH resident, and either personally known or possession of PRL

"New Hampshire Gun Storage Laws​

New Hampshire has specific laws that require guns to be stored in a secure manner. Handguns must be stored in a locked container, and long guns must be stored in a locked room or gun safe."

Sure about this?

"New Hampshire Gun Storage Laws​

New Hampshire has specific laws that require guns to be stored in a secure manner. Handguns must be stored in a locked container, and long guns must be stored in a locked room or gun safe."

Sure about this?
What's that got to do with buying a gun?

I'm getting old, but I remember handgun ammo was 21 and up. I remember a young LEO that wasn't 21 yet, and was not allowed to buy ammo for his service pistol.

Back
Top Bottom