First Handgun in MA - Skip Larger Sizes Due to 10rd Cap?

Forget about waking up in the middle of the night, when your brain is not working, it is dark AF and engaging in a shootout while kewping in mind where your wife and kids are sleeping. Literally 99.9% of NES has never practiced that and never will.

I practice all the time, but 100% of my encounters all start with the beep of a timer…

:)

one where as soon as you buy it it's like the South Park meme "Aaaaand, it's gone!" as you'll never be able to resell it except for packs of cigarettes and malt liquor.
Who the frack buys a self-defense handgun thinking of it's "resale value"?

The "Aaaand it's gone" meme from South Park had to do with the foibles of investing, not preserving life.

WTF dude.

Exactly. In states with no capacity limitation We’re going to go out and buy extensions for 2 extra rounds. That says something.

The “magazine capacity doesn’t matter” guys are making the same argument the “penis size doesn’t matter” guys make. And it’s only the ones that are limited in those situations that make those arguments.

The argument people are making is that if you like a G19, get it despite the 10 round limit. They’re not saying a 10 round G19 is just as good as a 15 round G19.

Easy solution. Just use standard capacity mags, but have a few empty 10 rounders hidden around the house. After shooting the bad guys breaking into your home, swap out the standard cap with empty 10 rounders before you call the police. Make sure the 10 rounders have been previously used with the same ammo in case forensics test the gsr.

IMG_7186.jpeg

The argument people are making is that if you like a G19, get it despite the 10 round limit. They’re not saying a 10 round G19 is just as good as a 15 round G19.

I’m not sure that’s the argument. But my argument is don’t compromise on capacity. It’s important. And it’s most important in the exact situation you’d want a home defense pistol for, if you’re going that route. Because you’re going to be at your absolute worst in your ability to put rounds on target and reload without messing that up.

Does the G19 have preban mags? I don’t think you’re framing the argument correctly. I may be wrong but at least the points I am arguing with are the ones that are saying not to take into consideration that you’re limited to 10 rounds (such as in a gun without prebans available) if that feels best to you). And I am saying that feeling good in the hand and magazine capacity are both important and you can probably find a compromise so you don’t have to sacrifice both. Especially if it’s a home defense pistol where you don’t have to throw in the factors associated with making it a good carry gun.

Last edited:
I’m not sure that’s the argument. But my argument is don’t compromise on capacity. It’s important. And it’s most important in the exact situation you’d want a home defense pistol for, if you’re going that route. Because you’re going to be at your absolute worst in your ability to put rounds on target and reload without messing that up.

Does the G19 have preban mags? I don’t think you’re framing the argument correctly. I may be wrong but at least the points I am arguing with are the ones that are saying not to take into consideration that you’re limited to 10 rounds (such as in a gun without prebans available) if that feels best to you). And I am saying that feeling good in the hand and magazine capacity are both important and you can probably find a compromise so you don’t have to sacrifice both. Especially if it’s a home defense pistol where you don’t have to throw in the factors associated with making it a good carry gun.

There’s no good answers in MA. You can just ignore the law, you can trust your life to 30-40 year old preban mags, or you can go with 10 rounds. It’s all about trade offs.

G19 mags won't work in a G17/G34, they're too short. But G17/G34 mags will work in a G19; you can slap a 30 round stick into a G19.

More important than more rounds for a home defense gun is a weapon light. And more important than than is a plan.

Basically just block everyone to preserve your sanity.

A G43 with +2 Magguts is my most carried gun these days, tbh. About to try it in IDPA BUG for sh!ts and giggles.
How can the G43 be the most carried gun these days if the Sig P365 is the best selling handgun? Seems like nearly everyone that I know carries a P365.

How can the G43 be the most carried gun these days if the Sig P365 is the best selling handgun? Seems like nearly everyone that I know carries a P365.
Maybe because it was released 3 years before the 365.

Maybe sold does not equal carried.

Most likely BS marketing.

Maybe because it was released 3 years before the 365.

Maybe sold does not equal carried.

Most likely BS marketing.
What I read was that the Sig P365 has been the single best selling hangun nation wide for several years in a row now. While I have a P365, I prefer my Smith model 49 bodyguard. I also have two Glock 19's and a Glock 21. Still prefer the Smith snubbie.

I tried the P365 to have a few extra rounds on my hip compared to the G43. It didn't fit right in my "girly" hands. The standard P365 grip didn't even fit my relatives hand comfortably and he has larger hands. So he jumped up to the XL frame and is never turning back. We are all the same but built differently, to each their own!

I tried the P365 to have a few extra rounds on my hip compared to the G43. It didn't fit right in my "girly" hands. The standard P365 grip didn't even fit my relatives hand comfortably and he has larger hands. So he jumped up to the XL frame and is never turning back. We are all the same but built differently, to each their own!
Stock p365 absolutely needs aftermarket pinky extender on the magazine to feel ok.
XL is a good frame too but kinda defeats small form factor benefits of stock 365.

Stock p365 absolutely needs aftermarket pinky extender on the magazine to feel ok.
XL is a good frame too but kinda defeats small form factor benefits of stock 365.
Even with the pinky extension, it just wouldn't fit right for both of us. The third and fourth relative that tried it for size, immediately said NG and stuck with their 1st Gen Shields with Apex and Talon rubber grips. I didn't like the way the XL fit my hand either. The XL grip is not much longer than a standard grip with extension. According to the Sig website the difference between the two is 0.5 inches in total height and with Pearce extension, the difference gets reduced to 0.25 inches. Easily concealable once you become a self proclaimed operator, which I'm not!

Back
Top Bottom