Changing Tokarev recoil spring??

DW357

NES Member
I bought new recoil springs for my DW PM9 and figured I'd get a new recoil spring for my Romanian Tokarev for the hell of it.

But how the f*** do you get the recoil spring off of the guide rod and cap/plug on the other end!?! Seems like it is welded/clamped on hard. Tried pulling it off but I just managed to stretch the spring out [angry]

It functions fine but I figured why not replace a 60+ year old spring? Maybe it will only throw brass 20 feet rather than 40 feet?[laugh]

Thanks in advance.

I bought new recoil springs for my DW PM9 and figured I'd get a new recoil spring for my Romanian Tokarev for the hell of it.

But how the f*** do you get the recoil spring off of the guide rod and cap/plug on the other end!?! Seems like it is welded/clamped on hard. Tried pulling it off but I just managed to stretch the spring out [angry]

It functions fine but I figured why not replace a 60+ year old spring? Maybe it will only throw brass 20 feet rather than 40 feet?[laugh]

Thanks in advance.

Are you trying to remove the spring with out removing the barrel bushing?
I know when I did mine the spring plunger up front was on the spring very tight. I needed to pry it loose from the end of the spring.

All set. Just needed some pliers, a screwdriver and some CLP. And a little elbow grease of course...

Back
Top Bottom