• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Charlie Activates the National Gaurd

Thirwell1216

NES Member
So is this a way to use some federal vs state money for the moment? I have a neighbor loosing his mind right now about this and his flood lights in his yard and on his house are lit up for the duration.

View: https://youtu.be/_9x842tBKMs

BOSTON (CBS) — Gov. Charlie Baker activated the Massachusetts National Guard to support the Commonwealth’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak Thursday. This will increase the governor’s resources for dealing with the coronavirus crisis.

The order authorizes activation of up to 2,000 National Guard members across the Commonwealth who will be tasked with supporting requests from state agencies for equipment, logistics and warehousing, according to the governor’s office.

“Activating the National Guard will help support our Administration’s efforts to keep residents safe and secure during the COVID-19 outbreak,” Baker said in a news release. “The expertise of the Massachusetts National Guard will benefit our communities with logistical support and other assistance as we continue to respond to this crisis.”

Whats with all the Cuisinart hotplates they're offloading?

Is this some new shelter in place survival equipment that they havn'e told us about yet?

Is this some new shelter in place survival equipment that they havn'e told us about yet?

probably WAY off here.. but... if you shut off the gas, then it provides something to cook with?

seems like a very odd first choice for emergency supplies.

I'm guessing pop-up soup kitchens under tents or possibly cooking and delivering meals to quarantined people. I think they're doing that in the NY town that's quarantined.

The next time a guard member has to leave their family behind to shovel snow off of rooftops or your old broken asses out of your homes or helps save your life from any other natural disaster, I hope you all make posts commending them as much as you do hating on them.

I heard the same and was told by a better source that it's just "cooks" talking shit. Real uneasy about the whole thing, just the idea makes me pissed off, but I think its BS. Hope we all are just paranoid.

Was pretty bent when I found my gym was closed today. Bars and restaurants one thing, getting weak sitting around for who knows how long because of snowflakes is another. Gonna have to come up with a chin up bar and a way to bench press for the meantime.

The next time a guard member has to leave their family behind to shovel snow off of rooftops or your old broken asses out of your homes or helps save your life from any other natural disaster, I hope you all make posts commending them as much as you do hating on them.

Shoveling roofs, bringing food, rescuing people (and their pets even) from drowning, a long list if such = heros.

It's the people calling the shots I question..

But if it comes to them setting up road blocks and trying to enforce some government over-reach.. what does that make them? Hopefully just isn't happening.

"She Who's Name Must Not Be Spoken" just called me asking if Baker has shut down the state and declared martial law. Rumors are flying fast and furious.

Back
Top Bottom