• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Charlie Activates the National Gaurd

I usually am not a tin foiler but i cant help but think that this whole thing is a drill for something that’s coming down the road that’s much larger...just to see how the population reacts to a large scale nationwide emergency

I've heard this message from more than one person today. Shit might be getting real but if anyone thinks it's only going to be 14 days they're mistaken.

I don't know how "real" this shit is going to get, but I do agree with the last part of your post

I usually am not a tin foiler but i cant help but think that this whole thing is a drill for something that’s coming down the road that’s much larger...just to see how the population reacts to a large scale nationwide emergency

What's your bet? Feds know about an asteroid? Aliens coming? Super-volcano about to erupt? o_O I don't think this is a drill for anything, but you can be certain that officials are taking notes and will be conducting very in-depth analysis to take away lessons learned from this.

Don't see why not. Apparently PA has closed the gun shops. (was looking online for an item, and site said that the they were closed per the governor's order.)
Not singled out and yes, I know gun shops can be life sustaining:

Assuming they use the guard for things like delivering food, will they be carrying guns without ammo as a show of authority?

Interesting, very very interesting. I also have been seeing those texts as well but since they are coming from tinfoil sources I don’t really trust them. I think most of us know this virus will disrupt more than we think we know and the .gov knows that some of us know but they lie to unfold a plan that some of us already know.

Virus wreaking havoc across the globe?
Global markets bleeding with no sign of hemostasis?
Panic buying of consumable goods, ammo, guns?
Election year with a Democrat marionette?

The game’s afoot.

Think of what would happen if the market continued to suffer losses that even surpass that of pre-40’s?

Add a virus that will likely eclipse in a few weeks and come back even fiercer?

Just these 2 factors alone are enough to cause humans to go absolutely bonkers.

Assuming they use the guard for things like delivering food, will they be carrying guns without ammo as a show of authority?
The last time the mass national guard carried loaded fire arms was the Springfield tornado and that was a long time ago. Not rifles either just the military police were issued loaded mags for the m9 for night patrols for looting. I was in the mass army guard for a very long time and retired last year.....I know a "few things" lol. Like how a very young and naive company commander lost his career over how that government issue 9mm was turned in. I was full time national guard and worked in the uspfo office back then. When his unit turned in their ammo after the activation was over the ammo supply point inventories every round by headstamp. His supply sergeant knew there were 5 rounds short .....went home......and grabbed 5 rounds of civilian made federal brand "9mm Luger" headstamped rounds and put those in the pile to be turned in. Supply sergeant told him "it'll be fine sir".

Bye bye army careers.

Anyway back on subject. I was activated probably 8 times over my career with the army national guard for natural disasters and never had a rifle on me for any of them. Never heard of any activations other than the Springfield tornado where they were ever issued.

Last edited:
anybody in northbridge?

i am hearing what sounds like lots of noise coming from the Natl Gard facility. But, can’t see or confirm.

anybody in northbridge?

i am hearing what sounds like lots of noise coming from the Natl Gard facility. But, can’t see or confirm.
You mean Whitinsville? Thats was a forward support company (logistics) for an engineer battalion. I deployed to Iraq with that unit in 2009 as the company xo. They are a logistics unit and have transportation assets so they get activated now and then.

Seen several DT vehicles pass my work tuesday. Friend told me there where a lot of humvies at westgate brockto n on wednesday.
Someone will be needed to pass out meals, and some sort of presence will be needed to keep the uncivil civil , no.

So far everything is "normal" around me. People are staying home and inside.
Stores are not empty but slim pickings for sure , i have not seen any TP all week.

True on Faker but I gotta know...

Is it cocked and locked? Load and locked? Or both?
A NESer gotta know.

I'm guessing loaded mag in a pouch, empty mag in the rifle, nothing in the chamber. I'm also betting their basic load will be 30 rounds or so, not 210. All these guardsmen know they're not going to need 210 rounds, so why load and then download the mags?

Nobody wants to be the commander or first sergeant who owns the Joe that has a ND into a crowd of people shopping for TP. The emphasis here will be on reducing Joe's natural urge to play with his weapon while bored.

To everyone in the Nation Guard,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping and I feel for you when leaving your families when they need you!
Hooah!
Pete

And, Guardsmen?

Wash your hands before you go home. To me, a mass activation of the ARNG really just means more transmission vectors. Good luck out there.

Anyway back on subject. I was activated probably 8 times over my career with the army national guard and never had a rifle on me for any of them. Never heard of any activations other than the Springfield tornado where they were ever issued.

So you’re saying if they have rifles, it’s worth taking into consideration to determine commanders intent?

So you’re saying if they have rifles, it’s worth taking into consideration to determine commanders intent?
The individual company commanders won't have the authority to issue weapons and ammo for disaster relief missions. That comes from way higher up the chain of command.....so....if you see national guard troops on disaster relief missions that are armed you can be assured a threat assessment has been done at a minimum of the 06 level (brigade) and approved by the land component commander (one star general). Now ....I see where you are going with this question......issuing weapons and ammo for a natural disasters could be for a few reasons.......self defense for the force being one ...that's actually why the mp units were issued pistols in Springfield......out at night patrolling looted areas. Rest assured that the decision to arm national guard in disaster relief is a decision not taken lightly at all. The mission for guard in disaster relief is mostly logistics support ......transport of materials......and also water purification. The mass guard has many assets that can be put to use in natural disasters like that. MP mission is presence patrols for looting mitigation etc ....snowstorms and ice storms engineers have heavy equipment for snow and tree removal. The main mission is not door to door searching for weapons......if that's where you were going with this discussion.

Last edited:
The individual company commanders won't have the authority to issue weapons and ammo for disaster relief missions. That comes from way higher up the chain of command.....so....if you see national guard troops on disaster relief missions that are armed you can be assured a threat assessment has been done at a minimum of the 06 level (brigade) and approved by the land component commander (one star general). Now ....I see where you are going with this question......issuing weapons and ammo for a natural disasters could be for a few reasons.......self defense for the force being one ...that's actually why the mp units were issued pistols in Springfield......out at night patrolling looted areas. Rest assured that the decision to arm national guard in disaster relief is a decision not taken lightly at all. The mission for guard in disaster relief is mostly logistics support ......transport of materials......and also water purification. The mass guard has many assets that can be put to use in natural disasters like that. MP mission is presence patrols for looting mitigation etc ....

yeah, I’m not talking company commander’s intent. I’m talking higher.

Don't see why not. Apparently PA has closed the gun shops. (was looking online for an item, and site said that the they were closed per the governor's order.)
NY has not closed them but town clerks have shut down. NY requires a stamp on the LTC from the clerk for hangun purchases so know handgun purchases can be made. Other than crowds and rus on ammo (which I don't need), enjoying the 2A freedom down south. I do have to make a run to the ABC store in case they close more of those.

I remember in 2010 (11?) when the massive Spring rains flooded much of Lakeville. Short Deval's JBT's came in to harass the citizens and roust them on an ongoing basis. It was awful. NG troops beating little old ladies in the middle of Rt 105. Just awful.

Oh wait. They were there to protect against looting. Nevermind.

The clear advantage of the NG troops at this point is they SIGNED UP to do this, COVfefe or not. Your run-of-the-mill State worker is unionized and can pull a hammy and not come in.

I distrust the government just as much as the next guy, but you've got one troop for every 3500 residents. Let's calm the F down here.

worked fine at Kent state.

I've been saying this for years, Combat Troops do NOT make good cops. Been saying it since we deployed them on the SW border. Unless the 'rules' change, don't send them. They are not law enforcement. Maybe MP's, but from friends in the .mil, they said to never trust MPs. [pot]

If they are armed I'm 99.9% sure it's for force protection.....not the offensive of searching house to house for guns.
How do you define armed? Does carrying an empty weapon with no ammo on the soldiers person armed?

Unlike police, it is not about everyone going home at night regardless of the cost in human life. It is not uncommon for national guard members to be ordered to carry unloaded firearms (with no ammo in possession) as a symbol of authority rather than an actual defensive tool. Someone in the guard please correct me if I am wrong about this.

Back
Top Bottom