CMP announcement coming on Friday?

While looking thru the CMP forums last night I saw some references to an announcement coming out this Friday (Aug. 10). I seem to remember somebody saying that some more Garands might be inbound. Anybody have any info on this?

I could use another Garand - just trying to figure out if I should start saving my pennies.

I think the Underwood orders are being accepted starting on Sept. 4th. I got my Inland a few weeks ago - and was going to skip the Underwoods to save for a Winchester in January. More Garands would be nice I got a couple of the woodless Danes, and a barelled receiver - but I would like a complete one ( haven't had time to rebiuld the others yet).

Just when I thought I might be able to get my savings back up [laugh]

I think a nice Service Grade Garand is in my future...... I will be sending the paperwork out tomorrow morning.

Garand purchase

Can someone explain the process for buying one of these rifles?
Is this a good deal for these?
TIA
Gary

So does simply being a member of a range that is on the CMP list make me eligible?

I found this on the application: "I further certify that I am a current member of a gun club or state association presently affiliated with the CMP"

& this "Membership in CMP Affiliated Organization: You must provide a copy of your current membership card or other proof of membership"

It seems like the answer to my above question is YES, but I want to make sure that there isn't some additional registration required at a range to be enrolled in the CMP. It sounds like I just need to send them a photocopy of my range ID badge and my concealed carry license (along with proof of citizenship and age) and I'm good to go.

If it helps, I am a member of Pelham Fish & Game

Last edited:
So does simply being a member of a range that is on the CMP list make me eligible?

I found this on the application: "I further certify that I am a current member of a gun club or state association presently affiliated with the CMP"

& this "Membership in CMP Affiliated Organization: You must provide a copy of your current membership card or other proof of membership"

It seems like the answer to my above question is YES, but I want to make sure that there isn't some additional registration required at a range to be enrolled in the CMP. It sounds like I just need to send them a photocopy of my range ID badge and my concealed carry license and I'm good to go.

If it helps, I am a member of Pelham Fish & Game

You'll need to include proof of US citizenship (and age), and have the certification form notarized.

There's also a club member certification from that can be filled out as an alternative to the range ID...

http://www.odcmp.com/Clubs/ClubMemberCert.pdf

Do these have to go thru an FFL or will it be shipped direct?
TIA
Gary

Do these have to go thru an FFL or will it be shipped direct?
TIA
Gary

They ship it to your door via Fedex, even here in the PRM. It is worth buying one just for that. I usually have them sent to my workplace, someone does have to sign for it.

You'll need to include proof of US citizenship (and age), and have the certification form notarized.

There's also a club member certification from that can be filled out as an alternative to the range ID...

http://www.odcmp.com/Clubs/ClubMemberCert.pdf

When I applied I just sent a photocopy of the front and the back of my GOAL membership card along with the application (so I would assume a photocopy of your club ID card would suffice too) - and then I stopped at my local DCU branch to have the form notarized (most banks should have a notary).

Once you send in your application and they process it ( if I remember correctly that processing took a little while ) you just have to send in a new order form every time you want to purchase something - or use their online store. You can send in an order form with your initial application - I ordered a spam tin of 30.06 just to see how long the process too. If you are looking to get a rifle I would say send in your application and order form ASAP - they have limited resources to process stuff and it can take some time - you want to get into the queue.

Nothing beats having the Fed-Ex guy show up at your house with a crate full of ammo and a rifle in a box - and you just sign for it.

Do they send a ship confirmation? Fedex usually gets to my house around 1pm and I don't get home from work till 4, so I'd have to take the day off to sign for the packages. I don't think shipping to my office will work because I work in MA and live in NH.

If I knew the package was in transit, I could call my local FedEx facility and have them hold it for me to pick up, but that would probably only work for the rifle, as I also noticed on the CMP site that FedEx will not hold ammo at their facility.

Where does it say anything has to be notarized??

http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/eligibility_requirements.htm

Here's a quote from that page
Order Form and Purchaser Certification and Agreement

Order forms and other required documents may be downloaded from http://www.odcmp.com/Forms/1orderform.pdf. For those customers who receive our hard-copy catalog, we recommend they make several copies of the blank form for use in placing future orders. Customers should complete both the Order Form and the Purchaser Certification and Agreement and sign it before a notary. Orders received without notarized signature will not be processed.

ok, just to be clear.

When I order, they will be happy with the following;

• Copy of front & back of LTC
    Copy of Birth Cert.
    Copy of drivers lic
    Copy of Goal Membership card
    Copy of Club membership card
    Form completed and notarized
    payment for rifle

what am I missing?

Do i need to provide copy of basic firearms safety cert?

When I applied I just sent a photocopy of the front and the back of my GOAL membership card along with the application (so I would assume a photocopy of your club ID card would suffice too) - and then I stopped at my local DCU branch to have the form notarized (most banks should have a notary).

I didn't know GOAL membership qualified until much later. Good thing too as membership in Mass Rifle Association no longer qualifies (I guess they neglected to updated/recertify their affiliation), and I had to update my CMP record with my GOAL membership.

Do they send a ship confirmation? Fedex usually gets to my house around 1pm and I don't get home from work till 4, so I'd have to take the day off to sign for the packages. I don't think shipping to my office will work because I work in MA and live in NH.

I've heard different things from different people... some received shipping notification, some didn't. In my case (2 times), I didn't receive any notification.

First time was when I ordered a Garand and about 3 months later
the Fed-Ex guy unexpectedly showed up at my door with a delivery... no notification whatsoever.

You should get a confirmation that they received your order and payment. Along with that, they should also send you a customer ID number, password and order number that you can check the status on here...

http://estore.odcmp.com/Store/catalog/catalog.aspx

ok, just to be clear.

When I order, they will be happy with the following;

• Copy of front & back of LTC
    Copy of Birth Cert.
    Copy of drivers lic
    Copy of Goal Membership card
    Copy of Club membership card
    Form completed and notarized
    payment for rifle

what am I missing?

Do i need to provide copy of basic firearms safety cert?

I don't believe you need to include your DL (proof of age), as long as you're sending a copy of your birth certificate (proof of age and citizenship),... but I could be wrong on that.

You only need to send a copy of your GOAL membership or club membership... no need for both.

You don't need to include a copy of your basic firearms safety certification.

If I knew the package was in transit, I could call my local FedEx facility and have them hold it for me to pick up, but that would probably only work for the rifle, as I also noticed on the CMP site that FedEx will not hold ammo at their facility.

You will (usually) receive at least a couple of emails indicating that your order is in processing. Then you get an email with the FedEx shipping info - which you can use to go on the FedEx site to determine when the package will arrive. Guns have to be shipped either overnight or two day ( I can't remember which) so you will get the shipment usually before 10 in the morning. On days I know I am getting a rifle in the mail I just planned on going into work a little late - and the packages always arrived before 10. The other alternative is that they show up at your house - find you not there - and leave a note. You can take the note and go to the FedEx facility to pick up your package - or wait for the next morning when they will show up again.

Oh yeah -forgot one thing, you can also check the status of your orders on the online E-store. Some of the guys on the CMP forums seem to make a lifestyle out of constantly checking the E-store to see where their orders are.

Well, I ordered a 2nd Inland carbine. I was planning to wait for an IBM model, but just gave in to temptation.

Back
Top Bottom