Cody Wilson meets female via SugarDaddyMeet.com, gets charged with child sexual assault

He's also a dumbass considering there are 30 states where the age of consent is 16 (including Mass). I'm not endorsing his behavior but, Cody, like damn dude all you had to do was drive to Oklahoma or Arkansas.

Facepalm.jpg.mp3
Age of consent does not matter if you are 18+ and they are under 18. Child endangerment and other charges related to them being a minor still apply. They can still get you. Make sure she is 18.

So, is he a PP for life, or 7 years? I'm just wondering how firearms related activism will go with no ability to legally own a gun.

Sorry you go to dirty places and you’re going to get dirty. We’re they waiting for him probably, but they didn’t force him to go there either

Sorry you go to dirty places and you’re going to get dirty. We’re they waiting for him probably, but they didn’t force him to go there either

Yes but it should not be a crime to bang someone who convincingly lies about their age. I can't see the logic in holding someone to obey a law when they could not have known they were breaking it. It used to be long ago that it was required you knew you were breaking a law. Now only the letter of the law matters, no matter what.

That said, stay away from hookers. And if you are making yourself a thorn in the side of government, assume everyone everywhere is trying to set you up and be super paranoid.

Yes but it should not be a crime to bang someone who convincingly lies about their age. I can't see the logic in holding someone to obey a law when they could not have known they were breaking it. It used to be long ago that it was required you knew you were breaking a law. Now only the letter of the law matters, no matter what.

Texas is a "strict liability" state for age of consent. It doesn't matter if the other party shows an apparently valid DL, passport, SS card, and birth certificate... if they're actually below the age of 18, you're guilty. Yes, the lack of mens rea sucks.

Exactly. And as soon as that person hits the road Paloma will be a captain without a crew.

You can almost guarantee that design and manufacturing documentation is minimal.

Anyway, feel free to come back and feed me some crow pie if I'm wrong. ;-)

Defense Distributed is currently sending out notice that they have 120 machines currently slated for production through the end of this year, and advising that if you want one, to put a deposit down.

You can read into that statement anything you want.

There are a number of VERY active end user groups using his "Ghost Gunner" machines and providing technical support ranging from the manufacture of jigs to the identification and sourcing of replacement parts.

Defense Distributed is currently sending out notice that they have 120 machines currently slated for production through the end of this year, and advising that if you want one, to put a deposit down.

You can read into that statement anything you want.

There are a number of VERY active end user groups using his "Ghost Gunner" machines and providing technical support ranging from the manufacture of jigs to the identification and sourcing of replacement parts.

Before I eat crow do you think that announcement means good or bad for DD?

Before I eat crow do you think that announcement means good or bad for DD?

My opinion - and I've heard others - is that they're continuing production, that they're making payroll.

People have offered opinions that range from "they need to raise cash" to "they're getting ready to release version 3".

There are a fair number of units already in end users' hands and as I said, there's a lot of end-user support. I didn't mention in my previous post, but the same guy who sells the jigs also makes available the "stl" (?) files so that you can 3d print your own jigs. There's a web-based engraving service available - you upload text or image and get back the gcode necessary to drive the ghost gunner to engrave the magwell or selector. There are facebook and other groups available.

I don't think that Defense Distributed is done; I think they're going to continue to manufacture their CNC machines. Regardless of what happens with the company, the product is out there in users' hands.

What's kind of interesting, is that it's more than just a hobbyist tool. I've read people's postings who claim to be licensed as manufacturers, looking for bulk purchases of 80% lowers, intending to machine them out using Ghost Gunners that they have - and they claim to have multiple Ghost Gunners to do it with. I have no reason to doubt them; but no first hand proof.

I don't think that Defense Distributed is done; I think they're going to continue to manufacture their CNC machines. Regardless of what happens with the company, the product is out there in users' hands.

Yes. And that's a good thing in the long run.

But it's also important to remember that firearms were being manufactured in workshops that any modern DIY'er would fall over laughing at, for CENTURIES before CNC became available to the "masses".

Evolución técnica de la máquina-herramienta. Reseña histórica.

The Gatling gun was designed in 1861 (by an anti-war activist trying to prove how futile war was).

It's not the tool but the craftsman.

Texas is a "strict liability" state for age of consent. It doesn't matter if the other party shows an apparently valid DL, passport, SS card, and birth certificate... if they're actually below the age of 18, you're guilty. Yes, the lack of mens rea sucks.
It's only a strict liability state if money changes hands. It's allowed as a defense if not.

Back
Top Bottom