Colt Is Offering A Limited Run Of Civilian M203 Grenade Launchers To A Few Lucky Coll

I shot that very same weapon system at that very same range...shooting the same BS cheese puff rounds they're shooting. My greatest surprise was how easy it was to use and be very accurate with. I imagine it's even easier on an area target, but probably not in combat with adrenaline pumping and under fire. I want to say I got out to about 300-350 yards and was hitting 'tanks' pretty consistently...not sure what the range is off the top of my head.

I'm equally amazed they got the PEQ, the ACOG and the leaf sight all lined up and not even interfering with each other. The front sight post DOES show up in the ACOG in lower light conditions, but it doesn't interfere with the chevron in the sight picture. We had iron sights when I went through MCT, so I wouldn't know about any other obstacles it creates.

one of these days i hope to get a chance at shooting a 'no shit' 40mm grenade through one. But that's somewhat unlikely as a pog.

Last edited:
I was all about having a colt m203, the price seemed kind of rediculous for something that is going to be used and abused.. I'm much happier with my LMT.

Ive found with 40mm its easier to achieve accuracy from 100-400 yards, i absolutely suck trying to hit anything closer.why would you want to shoot that close?the cars are close at the NES shoot.

Last edited:
Good catch i didnt even see it and assumed it was the same as the limited production 40s they make.

For $2000 you could get a real 40.. colt 40s are like 4-5k. Lmt is $1600 for the "pistol" receiver, $320 for the barrel and 200 in tax.

I do wonder if this colt 37mm would accept a real 40 barrel and just need to be form 1ed.

You know a company is in trouble when their only income source is to constantly make new limited runs of things they made between 25 and 150 years ago.

Guitar companies have been doing it for decades, lol. Not their only income source, though, but a big part of their business model.

This strikes me as very meh. I've fired a 203 for realsies, and it didn't make me chomp at the bit to lay down $2k for a lookalike.

Guitar companies have been doing it for decades, lol. Not their only income source, though, but a big part of their business model.

This strikes me as very meh. I've fired a 203 for realsies, and it didn't make me chomp at the bit to lay down $2k for a lookalike.

Can still hear the " dooomp" in my head lol

I'll never understand Colt. Their catalog is amazing but every single thing is out of stock or otherwise unavailable for purchase. Everything.
Want one of their SSA revolvers? Too bad. Out of stock. Want a brand new Colt AR15? Too bad. Out of stock. The same goes for their entire catalog.
No wonder they have one foot in bankruptcy court and the other one on a bar of soap.
If you want one of their pretty good, but over priced firearms, good luck ordering one.

You can get your M203 receiver at any FFL. Then you file to make it a destructive device...Use that paperwork to buy your barrel anywhere...Other than a few douche bag companies.

If You don’t have a short-barreled rifle get the longer M203 barrel and if you have a 14 1/2 Sbr or pinned and welded 14.5..Flash suppressor adding up to 16 inches. You can use the shorter one. It makes little difference in accuracy.

Fun stuff...I haven’t bought any chalk rounds in a while. Are used to be able to get a good deal on them but nowadays it’s ridiculous. And reloading that stuff is questionable

They are very blah.
MK-19's make 203's look like an M-79.
The a.p. rounds were the only real advantage.

Well, all 3 of those weapons fire different projectiles [rofl]

Not a good comparison. The 203 should be compared to the M320. I've never used a 320 though, and boy did I suck at 203's. MK.19's are as easy as any weapon system gets.

I had the hardest time with the M203 unless I was just aiming from the hip. It ended up being my original Site...Was loose from shooting the M-16 full auto. The siding leaf would slide up and down about 100 yards of setting. No wonder why I had no consistency. Everybody I see that are good with them don’t even aim..

One thing I’ll tell you guys as new M203 owners...Your aim it right and then instead of using your left hand to press the trigger on the launcher youll use your right hand and you’ll discharge your rifle into space. That’s grenade launcher 101. Too bad you don’t need a safety course before you buy one of these it’s all trial and error...It’s a muscle memory thing that Hass to be un taught.

Couple differences there. First, most large guitar companies have a wide product line they're selling. Second, the vintage style guitars are still in demand for everyday playing. It's not like Fender's entire line is two 1950s Telecaster reissues and one 1960s Jazz Bass special edition for people who only play rockabilly music or want a wallhanger.

Other than modern ARs, Colt's been trying to live off limited editions or outsourced retro builds for decades. Almost every "modern" product has been a bust since the 1980s.

SOOO what I'm getting from this thread is that a 37MM tube can be transferred into state and legally owned.

Yes BUT what it can be legally attached to is a pre-ban rifle only.

(You could probably put it on a non-preban fixed mag AR too if you have one of those but I'm not sure on that)

Back
Top Bottom