• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt LE6940

Ink

I know someone who is quite interested in one of these rifles. Has anyone shot one, own one, or seen one in any shops so that i may check one out?

I know someone who is quite interested in one of these rifles. Has anyone shot one, own one, or seen one in any shops so that i may check one out?

I know someone's cousin's neighbor's friend whose wife's sister's coworker's nephew has one. A great weapon, he said.

My brother in a free state owns one of these. Extremely nice AR. It'd be what I'd rock if I lived outside of MA. I'm even tempted to build a replica off of a pre-ban colt lower.

Why buy that if you have to neuter it?

Maybe his friend doesn't live in this dump.

In any event, I think Manchester Firing Line probably has Colt LE6940s, at least last I knew. I know he has the uppers for them, too.

-Mike

A few guys had the LE6940 at the rifle class I attended. It is a sweet rifle. All Colt, so all good all day long. I personally hate 16in barrels with a Carbine length gas system, looks funny. I would get the barrel cut to 14.7 with welded A2, or 14.5 with welded break/comp etc.

A few guys had the LE6940 at the rifle class I attended. It is a sweet rifle. All Colt, so all good all day long. I personally hate 16in barrels with a Carbine length gas system, looks funny. I would get the barrel cut to 14.7 with welded A2, or 14.5 with welded break/comp etc.

So you would give up some velocity just for the sake of making it look cooler? [rofl]

-Mike

16" carbines really do look that bad. I prefer the midlength route, but going 14.5 is jsut as viable.

Yeah, true enough. I also hadn't thought about the fact that you can get an FH that's not stupidly too long to meet minimums. I guess I was visualizing those 12.5" uppers that have like the 4in long old school flash hiders welded onto the things.

A midlength with a 16" barrel on it does look better than a carbine with a 16" on it, too.

-Mike

I bought a 6940 Upper and put it on a PB lower I had. Great shooting set up. My buddy shot mine and ended up at MFL the next day and he bought an upper also. Colts are GTG. The only thing with the 6940 is it uses a proprietary barrel nut and extension.

Yeah, true enough. I also hadn't thought about the fact that you can get an FH that's not stupidly too long to meet minimums. I guess I was visualizing those 12.5" uppers that have like the 4in long old school flash hiders welded onto the things.

A midlength with a 16" barrel on it does look better than a carbine with a 16" on it, too.

-Mike

I have a 6920 and a 14.5 mutt (DPMS lower, RRA trigger, Model 1 upper, Remsport barrel, LMT BCG, and lots of other assorted parts on there)... The mutt has a BCM A2X extended flash suppressor.

Despite the fact that the 6920 is a Colt and would be the one I pick up in a crisis, I shoot the other one more and enjoy shooting it more because it just looks more... right... (although it may also be because of the two-stage trigger)

Back
Top Bottom