Comparison of current AR grips by GearScout

Having that many pictures taken in the same fashion, at the same distance is really useful. I'll definitely save that page, thanks!

I went from the MIAD grips to the BCM Mod 1. The MIAD is great... but I much prefer the grip angle of the BCM.

I like the regular MOE grips. I can't stand the sticky grippy feeling of the ergos, or any finger grooves in general.

I for one just want a straight grip (like the first generation HK416 grip).
All the crazy angled shit that people use on AR-15's I don't like.

Like I said, a simple straight Up & dow grip is what I'm looking for.
I'm looking real hard at the BCM model O grip with the smooth trigger guard insert.
smitty

Last edited:
I went from the MIAD grips to the BCM Mod 1. The MIAD is great... but I much prefer the grip angle of the BCM.

I LOVE the BCM Mod1 Grip for the angle, but wish they made a "Mod2" that was similar to the B2 backstrap of the MIAD grip with some more "beef" back there. I feel the trigger reach is WICKED short with the BCM grips, and I don't have the biggest hands either.

Last edited:
I just swapped from a standard A2 grip to a Magpul MOE+ (the one with the rubberized coating) and I love it. Great texture and I like the angle a lot. Good link too BTW, very good pictures for comparison.

I have tried the following grips; the Troy industires CQB grip (like an AK grip), The Magpul MOE grip (a little to fat), Tango Down battle grip (too much angle) and the Magpul MOE K grip (felt great just a litttle to short).

For right now I am running the old school A2 type pistol grip.

smitty

I've never tried any other grip than the milspec A2 on my AR. If anyone wants to mail me some different styles I'll try them out, and mail them back to you or offer you money for them! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom