Compliance check

1903Collector

NES Member
Has anyone here had an ATF compliance check for the C&R? I'm sitting at lunch today and My phone goes off.....it was an ATF investigator and it was time for my inspection (not exact words). I was able to do most of it with him over the phone and we agreed that he would come by the house when I got home from work. It was all wraped up in like ten minutes. It's funny though...even though I new everything was in order when I heard ATF I got a little lump in my throat [laugh]

It sounds like they are doing the "rounds". I guess most of us can expect that call and fun time . . . something I'm not looking forward to.

I can't see dragging the guns to the O'Neill building in Boston, really wouldn't want them in my house but see no other good option.

Once again, the same thing is being reported in other parts of the US, so this isn't only happening in MA or New England.

I guess the investigaors have to do so many and he had not done his yet so he was catching up...I think he said mine was the first he had done. go figure.

I can't see dragging the guns to the O'Neill building in Boston, really wouldn't want them in my house but see no other good option.

I've heard of folks who were concerned about having ATF in their house getting them to agree to meet at the local police department.

I've heard of folks who were concerned about having ATF in their house getting them to agree to meet at the local police department.

If my old Chief was still alive, I would do it at the PD in a heartbeat. He was a Marine and a shooter who appreciated fine guns. Hell, I would have invited him to take a look at them, a few of which he probably used in the two wars that he fought in! That could have ended up in a mandatory range trip together (he was a personal friend).

My current Chief hates guns, would be scared to death if he knew that the good folks in his town (with LTCs) have more than 2 or 3 guns total. I'm afraid that the fall-out from using the PD could have catastrophic results (not just for me but for all LTC holders in the town . . . he could change his "policies").

Back
Top Bottom