concealed carry pants

Hey old friend, hope you've been well. What pants are you using to conceal those pistols? I want to pocket carry a .380 but my hands are so big I can't get them in or out of a regular sized pocket when they're wrapped around a pistol frame.

Anyone know of any above the knee casual shorts that have a big enough pockets for big hands and a small pistol pocket carry? Down in FL all we wear is shorts, and the 5.11 shorts I've seen are on the opposite end of casual for me.
Cabela's. "Redhead" trail shorts (their brand) I think. Roomy pockets. 100% cotton. Comfy. My summer go to. You really need to try them on, though. Some had 9in inseams; some had 7in (I HATE below the knee - it's annoying when they drag when you move). But, they made a slight change, and sometimes the 7's work; sometimes the 9's (without being "80's Gym Shorts" short).
It's anything but weird. I don't mean cotton cargos would be too dressy, but the pleated, stain-treated, pre-pressed heavyweight cargos from 5.11, yes, too dressy. I, or anyone else in the hot sub-tropical climate, would really stick out wearing those. Picture yourself at the beach. It's 95 degrees. But you don't wear a bathing suit, because you won't swim with your .380 in your pocket, but you want shorts that are comfy, breathable, and light. Not 5.11.

Now I don't know, it's been several years since I've shopped 5.11. Maybe they've come out with some softer cargos with prints, but that doesn't seem like the way they were going.
If the shorts are like the pants, they are too tight in the groin area. I want room to move.

Cabela's. "Redhead" trail shorts (their brand) I think. Roomy pockets. 100% cotton. Comfy. My summer go to. You really need to try them on, though. Some had 9in inseams; some had 7in (I HATE below the knee - it's annoying when they drag when you move). But, they made a slight change, and sometimes the 7's work; sometimes the 9's (without being "80's Gym Shorts" short).

If the shorts are like the pants, they are too tight in the groin area. I want room to move.
I have a Bass Pro Shops a quick zip up the freeway in Melbourne, I know they have "Redhead" brand, so will get into the store when I can and see what they have. I hate below the knee too. I found a pair of shorts on Amazon with what they call "Pork chop pockets", I had to order a pair, LOL!

Amazon product ASIN B07JL8WMJPView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JL8WMJP/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Thanks Jay!

Since even the same shorts will change over time (i.e the Cabelas), I still prefer "Try before you buy". My test is the "wrist test". I see how easily my hand will go into the pocket (and check width). If they don't go up at least the top of the wrist, they are too shallow. Lots of pants out there that seem roomy, but have these ridiculous little pockets that won't even keep a wallet in them.

I tried some Dickies, IIRC, and they were actually too deep. You'd never get your CCW out in time, although a Glock 17 fit just fine.

I have a Bass Pro Shops a quick zip up the freeway in Melbourne, I know they have "Redhead" brand, so will get into the store when I can and see what they have. I hate below the knee too. I found a pair of shorts on Amazon with what they call "Pork chop pockets", I had to order a pair, LOL!

Amazon product ASIN B07JL8WMJPView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JL8WMJP/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Thanks Jay!

What is up with those ugly AF pockets?

SmartSelect_20221217_102445_Amazon Shopping.jpg

SmartSelect_20221217_102556_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Even 5.11 that usually has sh*tty clothing has nicer looking shorts.

SmartSelect_20221217_102704_Chrome.jpg

5.11 pants are tacticool as hell - it's so blatantly obvious that the wearer is probably carrying that it's not even funny. They're not even close to looking like traditional office slacks.

OP - you're not going to pocket carry a G26 or G19. Get a single-stack Glock, a snobnose revolver, an LCP, etc and some slacks with big pockets - Dockers work well, from my experience.
You can get away with semi-tactical style if they arent over the top with tactical pockets etc etc, depending on what you are doing. "Khakis" in an office is a bit different than "khakis" for someone doing field work.

Thanks, I'll check them out right now.

Edit: Now you're talking! Much more casual looking...Just ordered a pair of the Cutback shorts with the 8'5" inseam, they seem like a much better option for hot weather.

I’ll vouch for the Vertx cutback shorts. They’re comfortable, look good, breathable, durable, and have plenty of pockets. I really like using the side magazine pocket for my phone. The belt loops are also nice and wide for carry belts.

Might also want to look at the TD Neptune Shorts. They are really light weight, stretchy, breathable, quick drying, and have a good amount of pocket space. They can second as a board short if needed. Looks like they are mostly sold out right now, but should have more in before summer. Definitely worth a look.

I would also suggest looking at Kuhl shorts. While I don’t own any of their shorts, their pants are great quality and similar to vertx.

Braintree 5,11 store has closed unfortunately. Just and FYI, I’m sure most everyone knows already.

I would also suggest looking at Kuhl shorts. While I don’t own any of their shorts, their pants are great quality and similar to vertx.

I would pull kuhl's quality head and shoulders above vertx.

As a long-time kuhl lover I recently tried some vertx pants to save some $. I bought 4 pants, all the same size, and all 4 had a totally different fit (some baggy, some ridiculously short legs, etc.).

I kept two of them, but they don't scream quality like kuhl does, imo.

I would pull kuhl's quality head and shoulders above vertx.

As a long-time kuhl lover I recently tried some vertx pants to save some $. I bought 4 pants, all the same size, and all 4 had a totally different fit (some baggy, some ridiculously short legs, etc.).

I kept two of them, but they don't scream quality like kuhl does, imo.
That's what irks me the most about clothes shopping in general. Everything made overseas. No quality control, or consistency between items of the same size & model! If you find something you like at a good price, better buy 10 of them, because if they're well made, some bean counter will find a way to suck more profit out and they will cheapen the design. That's all I read on clothing reviews is, "They used to be better made, but they changed the design". Over & over. Shit if they're made with nice materials, we're giving the customer too much, better change it! I hate it.

I dig Apex from 5.11 so much that I now wear them every day. Other models will be even more low-vis. Integrated "stretch" panels run from the pockets to the waistline, so it can adjust as needed to IWB vs no carry. Last I checked they only had two stores east of the Mississippi, Saugus and Braintree. Easy enough to drop by and try for size.
Braintree store is gone.

images

XXL_p0148532942.jpg

1082u7980e62b154f4e52a2b2e5c1bccd353e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom