• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concord NH Show, Today and Sunday, 8/31-9/1/13

At the Everett Arena.

I am NOT there, but my wife and kid are with the leather booth. Belts, holsters and the usual array of slings, pageholders, pocket holsters and more.

Andy

I stop by Andy's booth to pick up a couple of two point slings but there was a sign that said "gone shoe shopping"...

ok, your wife told me to say that :)

Lots of inventory, which was good to see, some good deals on rifles.
sky high ammo prices as usual. just about what I expected

I stop by Andy's booth to pick up a couple of two point slings but there was a sign that said "gone shoe shopping"...

ok, your wife told me to say that :)

OH NO! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Got there at 11:00 and walked right in. Definitely not elbow to elbow crowded. Looked more like 2:00 pm Sunday than 11:00 Saturday. I did buy one of Andy's holsters, though.

Thanks Piney! I appreciate your business! (and my wife probably spent it on shoes!!!!!) ;)

Andy

As I posted in the other thread on this topic:

Yes I did.

Got there a bit after 10AM and there was no line. Got a Sit-rep from Atty Evan Nappen and a young couple just before I entered the show. Saw lots of ridiculous prices. Wolf .22LR brick for $75, primers for $38 (both at Glenn Sorenson's tables). For free staters, I saw lots of post-ban AR mags as cheap as $8 (USGI), these were externally date stamped, $15 box for PMC .223, $250 for MN 91/30s. Spent only 1.5 hrs there, saw nobody from NES except a few vendors. I normally spend ~3 hrs at this show. I bought exactly nothing! I didn't see lots of sales happening there.

Dropped by Collectables in Merrimack on the way back. Shop is well stocked, nice folks.

I can't believe I'm old enough to say this, but back in the old days...
15-20yrs ago you could go there and get great deals. People even haggled. Before the internet that was a great place to go and buy stuff. I used to go and buy boxes of pistol parts for $10 or $20. MP5 magazines for $5.

15-20yrs ago you could go there and get great deals. People even haggled. Before the internet that was a great place to go and buy stuff. I used to go and buy boxes of pistol parts for $10 or $20. MP5 magazines for $5.

Yes in pretty much every hobby out there the Internet has had that effect.

I found a few things here and there. Stopped by Umlaut Arms booth to admire their New Hampshire AR lowers. He had them priced at $150. I think I am going to follow up with that one. They are right behind Riley's.

Last edited:
Yes in pretty much every hobby out there the Internet has had that effect.

I found a few things here and there. Stopped by Umlaut Arms booth to admire their New Hampshire AR lowers. He had them priced at $150. I think I am going to follow up with that one. They are right behind Riley's.

I know Rileys has a couple different manufacture lowers. One of them from here in NH.

As I posted in the other thread on this topic:

Yes I did.

Got there a bit after 10AM and there was no line. Got a Sit-rep from Atty Evan Nappen and a young couple just before I entered the show. Saw lots of ridiculous prices. Wolf .22LR brick for $75, primers for $38 (both at Glenn Sorenson's tables). For free staters, I saw lots of post-ban AR mags as cheap as $8 (USGI), these were externally date stamped, $15 box for PMC .223, $250 for MN 91/30s. Spent only 1.5 hrs there, saw nobody from NES except a few vendors. I normally spend ~3 hrs at this show. I bought exactly nothing! I didn't see lots of sales happening there.

Dropped by Collectables in Merrimack on the way back. Shop is well stocked, nice folks.

JFC, what a joke.

And yeah Collectables is real nice. Glad to see people supporting Andy's holsters as well. I need to pick one up myself.

Collectable is great.

He just had cases of 62grain 5.56 for $400.

Some gun shops local to him are still trying to get like $14 a box of 5.56 [puke]

I know Rileys has a couple different manufacture lowers. One of them from here in NH.

These had a NH logo on them. Live Free or Die or something. Next time I'm up at Riley's I'm going to check them out.

BTW, Collectables was $179 for MN 91/30s, $71 cheaper than at the gun show!!

Someone was selling M/N's for $150.00 midday Sunday at the show. In nice shape, too, with all the accessories.

Last edited:
These had a NH logo on them. Live Free or Die or something. Next time I'm up at Riley's I'm going to check them out.

I bought a lower a few years ago from American Weapon Systems in Rindge NH. It had the live free or die logo. They havent had any since the shootings in CT. I think I paid $99. I was in rileys last week and didnt notice any with that logo. I'll have to check it out next weekend.

Show was TERRIBLE. Hot as hell, prices were ok but as a person who worked the show it was the worst turn out in as many years as I can remember. There was a lot of rusted old junk for sale, some of the used rifle stocks still smelled like mildew, or maybe it was the guy standing next to me.
Mosins prices have been fickle , dealer cost has gone from $115 to some distributors for the all matching rifles up to $169. plus shipping.
Did get to see Nicole and Adam which was great, haven't seen them in ages. This was the first gun-show I didn't buy one thing. Not even a firearm part like a sight hood or something.
IMHO having this show on labor day weekend is just plain STUPID. Folks are trying to get in that one last big barbecue or just go camping.
I did sell two Mosin 91/30 all matching for $189 each. Both Hex receivers and both were in original condition not refurbs with excellent bluing and bores. Not re stamps either. One non import marked.
Oh well many more shows to go.

Yeah back in the old days you could buy a 1903 from the then DCMP now CMP for $29.99. Now with Obama's new executive order on importation of US military arms sold to allies the prices will only go up. Gas used to be 35 cents a gallon too.

I bought a lower a few years ago from American Weapon Systems in Rindge NH. It had the live free or die logo. They havent had any since the shootings in CT. I think I paid $99. I was in rileys last week and didnt notice any with that logo. I'll have to check it out next weekend.

Go to Umlaut industries in between Riley's and their LEO store. Umlaut's in that little shed-looking bldg.

Go to Umlaut industries in between Riley's and their LEO store. Umlaut's in that little shed-looking bldg.

He'll be open on Tuesday.

Saturday, Riley's had decent prices on .223/5.56 ammo. Believe the .223 was $8.99 a box. Don't recall what the 5.56 was.

Having this show on Labor Day weekend has never made sense to me. Went down yesterday, thought that there wouldn't be the crowds, which turned out to be the case. As many of you here know, I buy/sell a bit of reloading stuff. Prices on loaded ammo were FULL RETARD and then some. Even better were the guys with the 40 & 50 year old boxes of .22LR Ammo trying to get $6.00 each for them - and this was ammo that wasn't collector stuff! Powder/Primers were high. Spent about $25.00.

NOTE TO VENDORS: I WENT THERE WITH MONEY TO SPEND. I'LL BURN THE SHIT IN MY WOODSTOVE BEFORE I'LL PAY YOU TEN TIMES RETAIL FOR ANYTHING. TIME TO WAKE UP - AMMOGEDDON IS ABOUT OVER!

I went Sunday , waited no time at all, bought nothing and set a record for how little time I spent there. it was because the place was empty and I was able to walk around quickly. There also was nothing new there.
I did see the guys from the gun store in Pelham. they usually have a couple racks at the end of the table with a bunch of cool C&R rifles. I love to see them. there was fudd guns and some nasty Chinese mosins.

I think when it comes to C&R, we are reaching the end of an era for sure.

Having this show on Labor Day weekend has never made sense to me. Went down yesterday, thought that there wouldn't be the crowds, which turned out to be the case. As many of you here know, I buy/sell a bit of reloading stuff. Prices on loaded ammo were FULL RETARD and then some. Even better were the guys with the 40 & 50 year old boxes of .22LR Ammo trying to get $6.00 each for them - and this was ammo that wasn't collector stuff! Powder/Primers were high. Spent about $25.00.

NOTE TO VENDORS: I WENT THERE WITH MONEY TO SPEND. I'LL BURN THE SHIT IN MY WOODSTOVE BEFORE I'LL PAY YOU TEN TIMES RETAIL FOR ANYTHING. TIME TO WAKE UP - AMMOGEDDON IS ABOUT OVER!

Every one of Patti's NH shows this Fall is on a holiday weekend. I know Concord is always on Labor Day, but Manchester is Columbus weekend and W. Lebanon is Thanksgiving. I guess she takes the dates she can get from the venues, but she needs to start mixing it up a little. I missed working this show in Concord since the missus wanted to tack Labor Day weekend onto vacation. Her son and his wife want us to come to VA this year for T'giving. People have lives and like to do family stuff on long weekends. I wish Patti would take this into consideration. It won't solve the high prices, but it might get more butts through the door.

Doesn't sound like I missed much other then getting to visit with people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom