Conservative Underground

I got it, and I'm sure Mrs WW got it. When you're ex-Army, and surronded by Marines, you've got to be "quick on your feet". The only thing worse than being around Marines, militarily speaking, is being around grunts and tankers.

I have a lot of respect for Marines - and in hindsight I have a lot more respect for the Army.....I've met a variety of people in the Coast Guard since - some of them are top-notch dedicated intellectual people with a lot of motivation. But the inherent nature of the organzation makes me miss the Army at times. There is NO Esprit De Corp in the Coast Guard - and it was weak at best during my Army experience. My only problem with the Army was how it, more often then not, treated everyone like children.....in all fairness - a quick look at the peacetime Army will make this a little more understandable. Funny thing - we didnt get treated like children all that much when we were running around armed in Kosovo in 2000 lol...........

TonyD said:
Lynne said:
Am I the only one who's totally clueless???

It was a joke. Nickle and Mrs. W. was going on about how great the Army is, ad nauseam, and I said it looked like DU. Meaning they're delusional in their own beliefs and unwilling to recognize the truth. The analogy escape everyone but Derek, another former Marine, go figure.

Anyway, just that inter-service joust. All meant in good fun.

That I got...it was the manginas thingy - I got lost there. :D

Lynne said:
TonyD said:
Lynne said:

It was a joke. Nickle and Mrs. W. was going on about how great the Army is, ad nauseam, and I said it looked like DU. Meaning they're delusional in their own beliefs and unwilling to recognize the truth. The analogy escape everyone but Derek, another former Marine, go figure.

That is poking fun of the male manhood, or the lack thereof.

TonyD said:
Lynne said:
TonyD said:
Lynne said:

That is poking fun of the male manhood, or the lack thereof.

Bless you, my son. Your forgiven for any misbehaving on the site for the period of one full minute....starting.....now.

Actually, it's a Force Recon thing. (Yeah, I know. One of the regular Recon BTN's stole it from us.)

FR_Para.gif
FR_Diver.gif

Ken

No Tony,I got it,I just got home from CT,so I have been trying to catch up in the threads,but I am also bordering on a migraine so see how long I attempt this.

Yeah,we know it's brainwashed in you that Marines are the best. God knows my father-in-law would remind us all the time.

MrsWildweasel said:
No Tony,I got it,I just got home from CT,so I have been trying to catch up in the threads,but I am also bordering on a migraine so see how long I attempt this.

How'd the teeth go? And I hope you feel better soon.

I actually have prescription meds,midrin and I can also take with advil,etc. I'm just waiting for everything to kick in. :)

I should start a whole nother thread,cause I want to choke the ever living (insert word here) out of someone literally.

Lynne said:
TonyD said:
Lynne said:
Aw...I just checked...you're not on now. Oh well...so much for the grace period.

[lol]

Ahh, but I have not left. Swift, Silent, and Deadly. But, that's a Marine thing. [wink]

Hehehehe...you haven't come up against me yet. [wink]

Nor, you me. However, in all normal circumstances, I will capitulate to a lady. Chivalry is not dead.

NO Derek. That is evil. Now about this rank thing. Can I continue with enlisted rank and not officer rank. Please. Our if I have to be an officer can it be warrant rank????

MrsWildweasel said:
NO Derek. That is evil. Now about this rank thing. Can I continue with enlisted rank and not officer rank. Please. Our if I have to be an officer can it be warrant rank????

I'll see what I can do about editing the LT and CPT ranks to WO and CWO.

I know there are a lot of bone head zeros, but most of my best friends were officers. 8)

Sorry, I can't say the same. Had to deal with far to many(using polite words here) idiots as far as officers. Most Lt's. Thankfully I had good NCO's to cover my ass,since I didn't think twice about showing them the errors of their ways. :) Joys of leaving an E-3 in charge. (I think I gave a few of my NCO's grey hair.) Thank you for changing the ranks too.

MrsWildweasel said:
Sorry, I can't say the same. Had to deal with far to many(using polite words here) idiots as far as officers. Most Lt's. Thankfully I had good NCO's to cover my ass,since I didn't think twice about showing them the errors of their ways. :) Joys of leaving an E-3 in charge. (I think I gave a few of my NCO's grey hair.) Thank you for changing the ranks too.

Yeah, but you were dealing with Army officers. [wink]

MrsWildweasel said:
Yoou going to tell me a Marine Lt is any better than an Army Lt? Yeah right. :D

Something akin to night and day. Totally different indoctrination. Kind of like and Army PFC and a Marine PFC. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom