• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Contacting legislators- what does everyone do?

I'm getting tired of reading about Mumbles, his friends in NYC and other city officials (San Fran, etc.) trying to find ways to "fix" illegal gun control. Their approaches are ludicrous and after reading articles and articles about what they are trying to do I can no longer stand idle. I've sent emails to Kerry and Kennedy and I'm now considering what to send to my state legislators- Barbara A. L'Italien is my State Rep and Susan Tucker is my State Senator.

Has anyone here sent anything to them? Any ideas? I don't have any one particular proposed law that has me concerned- just all of them! What really enrages me is the total and complete authority/discretion the local police chiefs have when deciding to issue LTC.

SiameseRat said:
Lug- there's an entire Sub Forum on NES dedicated to contacting pols. Did you check that out?

So sorry.. I never saw that section. I have no idea how I didn't see it. [thinking] Please delete or move this someone. Not many post over there... yikes.

Even if I don't have a specific bill, I'll still write voicing my objections to all the laws that restrict lawful owners. That's okay to do too.

Lynne said:
Even if I don't have a specific bill, I'll still write voicing my objections to all the laws that restrict lawful owners. That's okay to do too.

Cool- that's exactly what I did as well. ;)

It's good to contact them about specific bills, but them little critters still need to be reminded that ALL the laws suck...course, I phrase it a bit more eloquently than that, but that's the main point. [wink]

Lynne,

I think you put it quite well actually. Clear, concise, and to the point. What's wrong with that!

I always ask for a written response, and almost always get one, with 2 exceptions: Kennedy and Kerry.

I have written dozens of letters and never recieved a response or acknowledgement from them on any issue. They think they are above the people and don't need to answer to us. Apparently they are correct as the sheople of Mass keep voting them in...

Matt

Back
Top Bottom