• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CRS Firearms Matthew Hoover arrested for selling auto keycards

The defense has no witnesses.

Seems crazy I am not sure what happened. They thought that they could beat the case on the facts and that did not matter. The average American does not understand what a machine gun is let alone what is not.

Semi automatic’s will be banned soon.

If I had a handful of 1/4" fender washers in my pocket, would it mean that I'm walking around with a silencer? Jack.
1/4" washers? or the new "muffler" ya need for the 'ol gas lawnmower, that's a "silencer". what noise there would be on the streets if "mufflers" were not Mandatory.
muffler/silencer/suppressor, depends on what it's called.

a t f ... seems they only go after the 'F' people now. undercover op to catch teens buying "tobacco"/cigarettes? bust some 20 yr old returning war Vets downing a few frosted mugs of "alcohol" at the local pub?
but such a foolish waste that drawings of gun parts are such a 'crime', when they could help the country with other serious violence going on.

Seems crazy I am not sure what happened.
the 'justice' happened. shows how much average people care and what jurors can do when given correct instructions and motivation.

hanged_by_mistake_by_cassini90125_d8mddi9-pre.jpg

The jury instructions were that even if the card itself was not a machine gun the law was still broken. As the ATF testified that they could not get the card to function even with two experts working to try to get it to work.

The rule of law is dead and we learned that in 2017 with Russia gate.

Buckle up things are getting spicy.

Can we discharge with the conspiracies? This is very simple! The judge did not rule or accept any motions from the defense and one from prosecution. If he did, he would have to issue an opinion on each of them. That's work. Many judges will not entertain motions if the case looks like an open/shut case. In the case of auto keycard, the government had a very weak case. Defense now has so many avenues of appeal that it's almost a certainty it will be overturned.

Can we discharge with the conspiracies? This is very simple! The judge did not rule or accept any motions from the defense and one from prosecution. If he did, he would have to issue an opinion on each of them. That's work. Many judges will not entertain motions if the case looks like an open/shut case. In the case of auto keycard, the government had a very weak case. Defense now has so many avenues of appeal that it's almost a certainty it will be overturned.
I hope you're right, but that all costs money. Tons of money.

I've never been a fan of CRS. His backwards-hat-bro patter put me off, and I always thought he was not very smart, and definitely playing way over his head on legal matters.

That said, he was screwed by the system. He's not guilty of breaking the law, despite the verdict.

Neither guy is guilty of anything, period.
The card is information and information being speech is fully protected.

I have 3d printers, a lathe and a small cnc mill - Am I now a machine gun since I could relatively easily grab a pair of calipers and create a working lightning link design and produce the parts in my basement?

This case needs to get overturned and the whole BS with parts being NFA items needs to get struck if not the entire NFA scheme.

Neither guy is guilty of anything, period.
The card is information and information being speech is fully protected.

I have 3d printers, a lathe and a small cnc mill - Am I now a machine gun since I could relatively easily grab a pair of calipers and create a working lightning link design and produce the parts in my basement?

This case needs to get overturned and the whole BS with parts being NFA items needs to get struck if not the entire NFA scheme.
That's a long winded way of saying "I have a metal coat hanger in my closet and therefore am in constructive posession"

The defense has no witnesses.

Seems crazy I am not sure what happened. They thought that they could beat the case on the facts and that did not matter. The average American does not understand what a machine gun is let alone what is not.

Semi automatic’s will be banned soon.

Wait. They called no witnesses??? Wow.

It's a fascinating case of government overreach for sure. Hoping for a nice global smackdown on the gub'mint on this one. Doubtful, but it would be nice if some panel went on for 15 min of how the ATF was full of morons and how they should be ashamed and such.

Gov states it doesn't matter if it's possible for the card to convert an AR to a machine gun, only that it can be intended to convert.
But the item sold wasn't designed to do anything other than depict the outline of a device that if produced could convert.
The actual card is material and information only.

Under this thought process every AR is a machine gun because the blueprints to drill out the evil hole are simple to print out as a template.

View: https://twitter.com/2Aupdates/status/1648475564939038725

Back
Top Bottom