CT Sport Shooters IPSC Match Sunday, 09/24/06

9X21

Banned
Ct sport shooters confirms they are having a match at Hartford Gun Club, this Sunday 09/24/06. Usually 5 stages.

See you there.

Hammer[smile]

Last edited:
Oh, man, sorry to hear about the accident. I'm hoping the GTO is still in the shop and it wasn't serving as target practice.

John is correct. Connecticut Sport Shooters are done. They've cancelled the remainder of their season and do not plan to run USPSA matches next season. They intend to focus on their 3-gun effort.

yeah we were in the VW, you know, that car that has the ads where people are riding along, or are stopped minding their own business and they get jacked up?
Yeah, that was us. Parked at a red light for like 20 seconds, and POW!
oh well, everything hurts now
but i imagine i'll heal with some medical treatment in a few months, and maybe get another gun or two out of this.
great time for this to happen, when we are going off to the nationals in a couple weeks, yeah, perfect timing. I wanted to be in pain for that.

Shame about Hartford, you'll never believe how much 38super brass i came home with.
Seems everyone there shoots the steel racks with their supers and leaves all their brass their on the pavement
i was thinking, i better come here a few times next year and replenish the stock.

Sorry about the accident that really sucks. I hope you guys are OK. You better be good for the nationals.

Steve, how bad is your car???

Pete

GEEZ,
Steve, If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any at all!
1st the gun problems, now this.
Anyway, hope you guys are all right.

Hammer

I'm feeling like crap today. I'm sure Matt does too. I think my back is pretty messed up and I have pain a bunch of other places.

The car was hit pretty good. The guy was speeding onto the off ramp behind us and didn't stop at all when we stopped at the red light. He said a coffee cup had rolled under the brake pedal. The lady behind him said he was speeding. My tailgate is crushed, the bumper is collasped, the lower rear unibody might be buckled, and the left rear quarter panel is buckled and pushed into the left rear door. The other guy had his front end crushed in to the radiator. We'll see what happens.

Right now what sucks is that I have to edit about ten accident reconstruction reports before I head out to the doctor, just what I want to read about right now. We should probably check out out open guns and Matt's K80 they were in the back but should be ok.

So did you have you guns locked?

Getting hit does S**K on my way to this past Area 7 3gun match I parked my truck and stopped for a cup coffee when I went back out (5mins later) someone had side swiped my truck and left. There was a long dent from the rear bumper to the front quarter. My front tires were facing in opposite directions after the hit and was not drivable.

I had called the police to file a report.
Fortunately before I left my house I had grabbed a hand full of trigger locks.
I had two shotguns, an AR and my SVI.
They were locked before I filed my report...
An I was actually ontime for the match...

Last edited:
I didn't realize the accident was that bad. I really hope you guys are OK. Let us know how you make out with the dr. Hopefully it is just a strain or something minor that won't keep you out for any length of time. I wouldn't think telling you that a coffee cup rolled under his brake pedal was a smart thing to tell you. People are such idiots.

Pete

Pete-
the doctor gave me a prescription for expensive drugs, so i'll be fine!
although i was told that i'll actually get worse in about 4 days before i get better, so I got that to look forward to.

Yesterday was horrible, but today is better but still stiff and sore.

I'd like to try the Steel Challenge match in NH but I'd be worthless after the drive up and back. I hope the Cops-4-Kids match can be shot without too much movement.

I wouldn't think telling you that a coffee cup rolled under his brake pedal was a smart thing to tell you. People are such idiots.

Pete

I agree with Pete. The only thing sillier than making a statement like that would be to tell it to a lawyer. ... oh, ... wait a minute ... nevermind.

I hope you guys feel better quick. I'm using a real nice port from 1986 for pain control myself. You guys can stop over after the Cops-4-Kids match and try a dose or seven.

And Steve, "without too much movement?" At Harvard? -- I'll bring extra Advil for pre-match loading.

Last edited:
He put it in the police report [smile]

I'll take the Advils before the match and my Dr gave me the good stuff for after.

Make sure not to use the "good stuff" before the match or we'll all be in danger. LOL I hope you're feeling a lot better. I won't be around this weekend because I have to go to a snowmobile show.

Pete

Yesterday was horrible, but today is better but still stiff and sore...

'''I hope the Cops-4-Kids match can be shot without too much movement.

Just don't forget to bring along that spiffy new frame you are selling me!

Now that I have the business out of the way, I sure hope you are feeling better.

Darius

I'm using a real nice port from 1986 for pain control myself. You guys can stop over after the Cops-4-Kids match and try a dose or seven.

1986? I didn't even own a gun then.
those are the dark ages.
I'd wish i could take you up on that offer, but we'll have to travel home, thanks to an NRA Range Safety Officer course i had to attend this week, it's been doctors or the class every night so i've got lots of loading for the nationals to do, I gotta mail my ammo out there this week early.

Still getting pain, gonna have to skip Independant's cowboy shoot tomorrow, really wanted to go to that. But if i'm gonna be standing around all day, i'm not gonna do it in boots. That will only hurt more, and i'll probably be useless at the cops4kids match. And I dont want to be useless there.

now, to keep this post relevant to the thread, think i'll go to the webpage and see if the results from CT are up.

now, to keep this post relevant to the thread, think i'll go to the webpage and see if the results from CT are up.

Let's see, CT's last match, they were never great at putting up the scores quickly, umm,
doubtful we'll those scores...ever

We may as well take a guess at it:
1st Matt
2nd...................................

Already in the bag!

Thanks, Steve! I look forward to diving deeper into USPSA this Spring -- I've already arranged to attend the intro to IPSC at the club in Hopkinton.

See you tomorrow. I'll be there all day, shooting in the morning, and helping out in the afternoon. You can call me on my cell at 508 395-6500.

Scores are up,
Matt won, again.......................
John 1st loser, again............................
always the bridesmaid, Maybe next time!

Damit, I'm going to Manville next and win that darn match.......................

What?
Matt's going to Nationals? won't be there... things are looking up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom