Daniel Defense MK18 10.3" Upper Sold Out EVERYWHERE

Anyone seen one of these in stock in a while? It seems like they're sold out everywhere I look. The best prices were on BCM and AimSurplus, but they've both been out of stock for quite some time. Got my stamp approved on 1/30 (submitted 12/20), and just need to get my engraving done before some sweet, sweet range time. Any help or leads are appreciated.

Are you open to anything else?

The MK 18 looks to be a standard upper with a free floated quad rail. ()10.5" bbl, quad rail, mil spec upper low pro gas block, a2 flash hider. )
Are you open to something with a rail only on top?

I only ask because the Mk18 does not appear to be anything unusual.

BCM makes some very nice similar uppers.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...ghtweight-Upper-Rec-p/bcm-urg-11elw-kmr10.htm

BCM-URG-11ELW-KMR10-2.jpg

thoughts?

Last edited:
Are you open to anything else?

The MK 18 looks to be a standard upper with a free floated quad rail. ()10.5" bbl, quad rail, mil spec upper low pro gas block, a2 flash hider. )
Are you open to something with a rail only on top?

I only ask because the Mk18 does not appear to be anything unusual.

BCM makes some very nice similar uppers.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...ghtweight-Upper-Rec-p/bcm-urg-11elw-kmr10.htm

BCM-URG-11ELW-KMR10-2.jpg

thoughts?

Maybe a stupid question, but since there is a difference in the barrel length (10.3 vs 11.5), would I have to amend my Form 1? First SBR, so I'm treading in unfamiliar territory. Thanks!

Maybe a stupid question, but since there is a difference in the barrel length (10.3 vs 11.5), would I have to amend my Form 1? First SBR, so I'm treading in unfamiliar territory. Thanks!

Not a stupid question. You can use different SBR uppers on a registered lower, but I'm pretty sure the paper is supposed to reflect the primary set up. How they're supposed to enforce this? Your guess is as good as mine.

You can send the NFA branch a letter notifying them of the barrel length change. There's no need to re-file or anything, they'll just update the info in the NFRTR.

You can send the NFA branch a letter notifying them of the barrel length change. There's no need to re-file or anything, they'll just update the info in the NFRTR.

Exactly. Although nobody I know has ever actually bothered, this is the 100% correct route.

I wouldn't submit the letter until after I got the stamp so as not to confuse things.
Keep in mind with this letter, you are providing notice, you are NOT asking permission.

Just send the letter and be done with it.

Don

p.s. the NFA branch is in West Virginia and the folks there are VERY VERY nice people. They've also brought in local contractors to deal with backlogs. I've found the contractors, especially a gentleman named Chaison, to be far more courteous, friendly and efficient than typical Federal Government "lifers" with their entitled attitude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom