• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Danvers Walmart question

I have been to the walmart in lynn and salem and have been told that the walmart in danvers sells ammunition (specifically referring to handgun calibers).

Anyone here buy from that walmart? How are the prices (compared to most local gun shops) and availability?

They do and the prices are typical Walmart prices. Availability varies greatly and good luck finding the one person in the store with the keys to the ammo case.

They do and the prices are typical Walmart prices. Availability varies greatly and good luck finding the one person in the store with the keys to the ammo case.

Thats the shittiest part about Walmart ammo shopping. Finding someone to open the friggen cabinet. Havent been there in a while and dont miss it.

Will never buy anything from them again for that reason.

Ive bought 22lr from NES members, online, etc. Everything else I load myself. Walmart sucks for ammo. I used to laugh to myself thinking, "why do I almost feel like I should be apologizing to this retard for coming in here and buying something?" Some of those guys, you'd swear I just asked them to cut off their right arm.

Thats the shittiest part about Walmart ammo shopping. Finding someone to open the friggen cabinet. Havent been there in a while and dont miss it.
This.

But it took me maybe 5 minutes to wait for the girl. The dude in front of me in sandles/socks was like man no one been here yet? ****. All hissy fits. Like dude for real?

Then I got checked out in the camera dept. the girl looked at my LTC and was like, "this doesn't look like you" and smirked. A sense of humor at walmart in MA regarding ammo??? Amazing.

Better off going to a local FFL. Wally doesn't need any more american money in its pocket than it already gets.

I usually do, 99% of the time. But it was late and I wanted to try my new CZ. It was close enough to the range so I said **** it and went to Walmart. Perfecta 9mm for $9.87 a box. They said it'll be gone in 2 days. (Roughly 50 or so 50pk boxes in there!)

Last edited:
Danvers Walmart sucks for organization. I swear the local trash runs through there destroying everything as fast as they can. Having said that, the ammo prices are good on the rare occasion that stuff is in stock.

Just came from walmart, ammo seemed organized very well. They did not have much 380 options, no HP. They had a good amount of 9mm though.

Got a box (50) of perfecta 380 fmj for 12.99. Cheap ammo, i wanted more but never fired this brand before.

because the chief of police or town govt won't give them the permit to do so

And Walmart hasn't buried the chief and towns with 20 lawyers and a mile or two of paperwork.

If I were Walmart, I'd pull up stakes and move.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Walmart hasn't buried the chief and towns with 20 lawyers and a mile or two of paperwork.

If I were Walmart, I'd pull up stakes and move.

What percentage of the crap that they sell do you think ammo accounts for?? Its in the noise. Not worth throwing a hissy fit over nevermind a gaggle of lawyers at $250/hr each. They can sell their cheap-ass clothing made by child labor in third world countries for about 300% profit or ammo with about 5% markup. Which would you focus on?

because the chief of police or town govt won't give them the permit to do so

Either that or the SG manager doesnt bother to get their LTC or FID. No permit, no ammo sales, no ammo sales license.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I've wondered why Salem and Lynn don't sell ammo.

Because both of those towns would be shitty mc shit towns to have walmarts that sell ammo... nobody that doesn't live there going to go through all that shit to buy ammo... [rofl] Lynn, maybe... Salem? insert risitas laugh here.... [rofl]

-Mike

Because both of those towns would be shitty mc shit towns to have walmarts that sell ammo... nobody that doesn't live there going to go through all that shit to buy ammo... [rofl] Lynn, maybe... Salem? insert risitas laugh here.... [rofl]

-Mike

Nobody wants to go to Salem...lol. It sucks to get into and out of. I finished my degree at SSU a couple of years ago and I think I've been back to Salem twice since then. Absolutely no desire to return.

Either that or the SG manager doesnt bother to get their LTC or FID. No permit, no ammo sales, no ammo sales license.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

-Mike

this.

I've been wiping out Danvers Perfecta 9mm and 308 boxes because they run great and are ****ing cheap. I hate supporting them though. [hmmm]

I rarely go to Walmart, but when I do it's Danvers and it's a disorganized pain in the ass mess.
I was at the Littleton NH Walmart last Sunday night with my wife right before they closed. I did a quick run through of the Sporting goods dept. Lots of Guns, Ammo, Sporting Clay's etc. Next time I'm at that Walmart I'll try to go a little earlier so I can really check it out.

Just came from walmart, ammo seemed organized very well. They did not have much 380 options, no HP. They had a good amount of 9mm though.

Got a box (50) of perfecta 380 fmj for 12.99. Cheap ammo, i wanted more but never fired this brand before.

Wal*Mart is good for "range ammo." fmj at just about the best per-cartridge price you'll find.

Go to a LGS, Cabela's, or Kittery Trading Post to get personal defense ammo. Expect it to be about twice as expensive as FMJ - especially for .380.

It's Ok they have all calibers including rifle ammo. It sells out of common caliber quickly. heard they restock the case on Tuesdays.....so try then for best selection.
they carry mostly FMJ target ammo. A few hollowpoints , Winchester PDX1 and federal Hydra shoks/HST sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom