• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daylight Savings ends on November 5th

One of the chambers passed a bill ending the time changes, last spring was supposed to be the last one.

The other chamber and the president never picked it up so it didn't get passed.

ONE thing that our government could have done that would have made most people happy and they still f***ed it up...
I saw some frantic suburban white woman online say that doing away with the time changes is literally like condoning the death of children as they will have to walk to school in the dark and then they automatically get hit by cars or they explode in the dark or some daffy sh*t like that. For every simple, non-controversial common sense measure that all sides agree on, there will always be some tw*twaffle fing everything up for everyone else.

I saw some frantic suburban white woman online say that doing away with the time changes is literally like condoning the death of children as they will have to walk to school in the dark and then they automatically get hit by cars or they explode in the dark or some daffy sh*t like that. For every simple, non-controversial common sense measure that all sides agree on, there will always be some tw*twaffle fing everything up for everyone else.

It's totally f***ing pointless because all the time change does is delay the inevitable by a couple weeks. Three weeks later: it's dark af at 6 AM anyway, so what difference does it make?

Clearly beacon hill must be talking about moving us to Atlantic time again.

great point about the safe batteries. Thanks

I long for Atlantic Time and no more DST. I truly do. If you've never been out of New England, you just don't get it. Go to Ohio or even Florida. "Gee, it seems like it gets dark later here." REALLY? [rofl] Same time zone.

Bangor and Indy are in the same time zone and are an hour apart. That should not be. Hell. P-cola is almost an hour difference and it's east of Indy!

Frickin mASS. "Oh no. The kids will get run'd over waiting for the school bus."

So what you're saying is either

A) school children in mASS are dumber and less aware than those in Ohio or Indy or P-Cola

B) drivers in mASS are dumber than those in Ohio or Indy or P-Cola

There isn't a middle ground. I don't get why people (reporters) don't call this BS out during press conferences. "But isn't that similar to the what people in Ohio and Florida deal with every year? Why is it different here in mASS?" Nah. Reporters don't f'ing care. Bunch of lemmings.

And batteries in my safe???? Old school, baby!

Why the f*** are we still dealing with this shit. Eliminating this crap was unanimously passed by the Senate and the vast majority of people want it gone... so naturally, leave it to the government to f*** it up and not give its subjects what they want...

One of the chambers passed a bill ending the time changes, last spring was supposed to be the last one.

The other chamber and the president never picked it up so it didn't get passed.

ONE thing that our government could have done that would have made most people happy and they still f***ed it up...
That bill (Sunshine Protection Act) would still have F'd things up. Even though it's relative, I want that hour back. SPA would leave it on DST. Give me back my hour, and leave the time alone after that.
Funny, that's what those same types will say about us fighting back against "Common Sense Gun Control". [puke]

That bill (Sunshine Protection Act) would still have F'd things up. Even though it's relative, I want that hour back. SPA would leave it on DST. Give me back my hour, and leave the time alone after that.

Funny, that's what those same types will say about us fighting back against "Common Sense Gun Control". [puke]

I'm a big fan of leaving it on DST, allows for my to sleep in later and hunt later during hunting season. I also get more daylight after work in Nov/Dec to get shit done before it gets dark even if it isn't much. Standard Time is pretty much time to start work when the sun comes up and time to end work when the sun goes down. I'd rather be working in the dark in the morning and have daylight to get stuff done in the evening.

F'in dumb as rocks. Look at sunrise times in much of the midwest (on Eastern time). Omg, how in the world did we all survive the dark mornings walking to the bus stop. And guess what, kids there are STILL walking to school, bus stops, etc in the dark...and surviving.

F'in dumb as rocks. Look at sunrise times in much of the midwest (on Eastern time). Omg, how in the world did we all survive the dark mornings walking to the bus stop. And guess what, kids there are STILL walking to school, bus stops, etc in the dark...and surviving.
I may be wrong, 90% of the kids in my town waiting outside for the bus, or walking to and from school are still wearing masks. These aren’t the type of people who can survive walking anywhere in the dark.

As long as you move MA, NH, ME, and RI into Atlantic time. (F VT and CT is its own separate animal in every way. 95 in CT is NOT mile-marked. If only b/c there are something like 94 exits in 111 miles. My gosh, WTF??? Talk about snowflakes!)

I may be wrong, 90% of the kids in my town waiting outside for the bus, or walking to and from school are still wearing masks. These aren’t the type of people who can survive walking anywhere in the dark.

You're in the wrong town. LOL. I haven't seen a mask on a kid in a long time.

It's totally f***ing pointless because all the time change does is delay the inevitable by a couple weeks. Three weeks later: it's dark af at 6 AM anyway, so what difference does it make?
The kid then gets to celebrate thanksgiving. That's what! Too bad it isn't seven weeks, maybe get a flashlight for Christmas.

Thank God (that we change to EST Sunday). I work with telephony systems, where everything has date/time values including timezone. As such, I am forced to be keenly aware that it's EST or EDT. To the point it's become a pet peeve of mine. People use EST year goddam round and it drives me absolutely crazy.

If you don't know or don't care or just want to be correct all the time, just write ET in your email or meeting invite all the time, year round. If you have been using EST for the last six months please know there's at least one person in your organization who, like me, noticed it, and judges you for it. Far fewer people seem to write EDT in the winter.

Last edited:
maybe I'm not very smart but cant the time school starts be altered?

maybe I'm not very smart but cant the time school starts be altered?

Not easily.

That's a lot of bus drivers, cafeteria workers, custodians, and other support people whose working conditions would all change, and for no good reason. Then you'd need to add that time in the afternoon, which would have an effect on pickup times, meaning parents' work hours would be affected. Daycare staffing, same. High school sports would be all messed up because some schools would have wildly divergent start and end times.

It's a bigger deal than you think. When they establish a school schedule, they publicize it in advance and then they don't change it because people make plans based on it.

It'd be a thousand percent easier just to STOP this stupid clock-change bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom