• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Have no idea as to the quality of this but 60% off today only at Midway, National Metallic digital scale.

National Metallic Electronic Powder Scale 1600 Grain - MPN: 737221

691348.jpg

Hmmm. I’ve been considering replacing my cheapo scale. This seems like a decent deal if it works.

Same... at 60% off it might be worth a try. The scale that comes with the Hornady Lock and Load single stage press kit is just garbage. I've had nothing but problems with mine.

Same... at 60% off it might be worth a try. The scale that comes with the Hornady Lock and Load single stage press kit is just garbage. I've had nothing but problems with mine.
The amazon description says "It provides accurate measurements up to .01 of a grain for the perfect load" while the midway description says "It provides accurate measurements up to .1 of a grain for the perfect load".
https://www.amazon.com/National-Metallic-Electronic-Powder-Capacity/dp/B07HP3DWW6

At that pricepoint I'd assume the midway description is correct?

The amazon description says "It provides accurate measurements up to .01 of a grain for the perfect load" while the midway description says "It provides accurate measurements up to .1 of a grain for the perfect load".
https://www.amazon.com/National-Metallic-Electronic-Powder-Capacity/dp/B07HP3DWW6

Good find... I'd guess your correct. I also noticed the regular Amazon price (not on sale) from the manufacturer is 29.99...

Maybe I'll just save the 30 bucks towards a decent auto dispenser/scale.

Yeah, most likely. Amazon descriptions are usually shit, especially when it's not being sold by Amazon directly.

Looking at the zoomed in picture on Amazon, it tells you right on the scale: .1 grain or .01 grams.

Major Surplus.com Good stuff:) I ordered two sets of machetes, watch for one in the Karma section in a week or two...

Ammo cans. Buy one for $9.95, 4 for $10. Yeah, interesting math. And see how honest I am? I'm trying to sell a dozen of my own and posted this. But mine are in MUCH better shape:)
UGLY 50 CAL. AMMO CAN GRADE 2

Assorted Machetes, 5 for $15:
Machete Madness - 5 Pack

Leather gloves, $12
French Leather Gloves

SKS 10 pocket bandolier, 3 pack, $10
SKS Ten Pocket Bandolier (3 Pack)

Good call on the machetes, I couldn't help myself.

Screenshot_20190110-135947.png

Have you been thinking about doing a P80 build?

This is your chance. $109.99 for any P80 Glock frame when you add it to your cart. These are fun to build and you will feel no shame when you abuse the shit out of it. I built one last year with a Glock slide and medium quality parts and the thing has been flawless. It mostly gets slammed around in the glovebox of my Gator and it’s probably fired 1000 flawless shots.

Polymer80 | Polymer 80% Glock Frames and Parts | Rockey Brass

Rock River RRAGE complete upper, $280. great deal. unfortunately carbine gas but for the price won't complain.

RRAGE Upper Half

for anyone contemplating, these are really nice uppers. the barrel is a thicker profile rather than the usual pointless govt profile barrel. the handguard is on the shorter side but good quality with M-lok. the carbine gas, sleek upper without forward assist and short handguard make it very nimble feeling. great option for a lightweight build. $280 for a rock river complete upper including BCG it's just an amazing deal. there are cheaper uppers but not of this quality. no i don't work for rock river and yes i still think they are a shitty company for trying to sabotage IL gun owners.

Gunsmidwest has Holosun HS503GU for $137.28. Seems like such a big change from usual > $200 price, maybe counterfeit? Or just clearing inventory before new models announced at Shotshow?

Guns Midwest | Overland Park, KS | Holosun Hs503gu Micro Red Dot Dual Reticle

thx for posting. ordered one. between shipping and CC fees was a hair under $150 but for the dual reticle 503GU model that's still really good. Gunsmidwest appears to have some awful reviews but for a simple red dot like this i'm not too worried (at least not yet!).

Gunsmidwest has Holosun HS503GU for $137.28. Seems like such a big change from usual > $200 price, maybe counterfeit? Or just clearing inventory before new models announced at Shotshow?

The Elite/Green color reticle might be the new standard. The regular red color reticle only warranties the electronics for 3 years. Whereas the green warranties for 10 years. I have the red for 503GU and 510C. Unless the price difference is huge, probably makes more sense to buy the green version going forward.

The Elite/Green color reticle might be the new standard. The regular red color reticle only warranties the electronics for 3 years. Whereas the green warranties for 10 years. I have the red for 503GU and 510C. Unless the price difference is huge, probably makes more sense to buy the green version going forward.

Cheapest I’m seeing after a quick search for the equivalent green+elite version, the HE503GU-GR Elite, is $216. Optics have advanced so much lately, makes me value the warranty less. 4 years from now I’ll probably upgrade to the purple+awesome version. ;)

ordered from these people a week ago and still no update to order. I'll try calling them on monday to check in. Primary Arms would have shipped within 24h which is why I'm so loyal to them.

update. holosun arrived today 1 week after order placed so pretty good. im so used to getting shipment notice i just assumed it wasnt en route. i can now resume amphibious operations in my bathtub.

--

MORE UPDATES, and they're not good.

this holosun 503GU has a very canted reticle. after owning half dozen holosuns i have never seen this issue. perhaps explains why they were running a deal on them? i'll be going to holosun CS first and request a replacement.

Last edited:
ordered from these people a week ago and still no update to order. I'll try calling them on monday to check in. Primary Arms would have shipped within 24h which is why I'm so loyal to them.

I ordered a Keltec Sub2k from them, and picked it up yesterday. Email them, they do reply in a day or two. Seems their website isn’t capable of showing tracking numbers, but they will email that to you.

*Mass Residents Please Ignore This*

Yes, I know it's a .40, but this is the greatest deal on a new S&W Shield I've ever seen offered to the non-FFL holding public. Even when S&W was running their $75 rebates, the final cost was never this low, and those were models without night sights.

$230 & Free Shipping too!

S&W Shield .40 S&W Pistol with Night Sights No Safety, Black - 10214

Last edited:
I ordered the RTIC cases. Missed out on the 53" so I got a 42" plus an 18" pistol case. Will post when they get here on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom