Decent ESPN article on athletes and guns

We have heard a lot about guns and athletes lately... The University of Miami player who was shot was a collector/had an LTC.

In Boston, I can think of a couple of high profile athletes like Jabbar Gaffney, Paul Pierce, Tim Wakefield, Mike Timlin, and Curt Schilling who are all gun owners.

BTW, I'm envious of Luke Scott's 3rd gen G21.

Last edited:
Pats too. Matt Light's Light Foundation is working towards building an outdoor camp for kids in Ohio and the plans include a bunch of positive outdoor activities, including a sporting clays course. Adam Vinatieri was a big shooter.

Do they still have the "I'm the NRA" thing going? If so, they should ask some of these guys to participate.

they actually did a special on espn tonight about this

they had karl malone, jason williams, paul pierce, and some guy from the astros all talking about how they carry concealed

williams said "i always have my gun on me...when i wake up inm the morning i put it on my hip and it doesnt leave until i go to bed at night"

in my opinion the guy fro mthe astros kinda made a donkey out of himself...but karl malone and jason williams were very positive about the subject and both endorse the NRA

The Redskins put up an annual charity sporting clays tournament. A lot of the players shoot it.

Back
Top Bottom