Deer hunting, help me step by step?

No hunting in Willowdale? Even Blackpowder? I will be using a .58 caliber 1853 3-band Enfield. Trajectory like a rainbow. I don't get it. maybe because there are so many trails and bike paths? Damn, I was definitely thinking Willowdale was a great local place to hunt. JR

Last edited:
No hunting in Willowdale East of Rte 1. You can go in off Linebrook Rd to the West, which crosses Rowley Rd.

Also before you hit Rte 95 is the Cleveland State Forest that allows hunting, and they all connect to Geogetown-Rowley State Forest (which straddles 95)!

Thanks for the info. I've never heard of Cleveland State Forest. I am also looking into getting permission from a very large landowner in my town to hunt, and where I see deer all the time. I am also wondering about Danvers Conservation Land. Some of it is marked no hunting, some is not. I am wondering what the deal is there because I have seen a LOT of deer in there as well, including a very nice buck that dashed out in front of my truck a couple of moths ago. It was a CLOSE CALL too.

JR

Last edited:
I emailed Danvers last year asking to hunt Proctor Farm conservation land. The Chief of Police said no.

Back
Top Bottom