Defensive Shooting Clinic-10/6/07 - AAR

JimConway

Instructor
It is now time to confirm your seat in the Clinic. Please let me know that you are going to be aat the clinic by Sunday, September 30, 2007. If you do not respond by then, I will move your name to the waiting list and promote someone from the waiting list to your slot. If any of the names on the NES member list are also Mansfield members, please let me know so that more of those on the waiting list can get a slot.

THE EQUIPMENT NEEDED IS LISTED IN MESSAGES 18 & 20
BRING $31 (INCLUDES CATERED LUNCH), SEE DETAILS IN MSG 20

The current list is as shown below

NES members (20 slots)
1. Lens
2. SwatMedic
3. Big red
4. Junglerott
5. Lesky
6. Soxfan9
7. Fith
8. brass spitter
9. Kdrew
10. Bradley
11. dbhn
12. Slim
13. Andrew Robinson
14. DR
15. dwarven1
16. Macuser
17. Bill O'Connell
19. TonyDedo (formerly livinlawatertown)
20. Medic12

Waiting list

Mansfield members (10 slots reserved)
1. depicts
2. john Kelly
3. Luis Haddock
4. David Cheda
5. Frank Pizura
6. Harry Lynch
7. Massnee
8. Stoneypete
9. James (J.D.) Frizzell
10. W. Pozark

THE EQUIPMENT NEEDED IS LISTED IN MESSAGE 18

Last edited by a moderator:
Color me Red. I'm still in.[smile]

I am also a Mansfield Fish and Game member.

Last edited:
I'll be there with bells on!
Copycat.
blbl.gif

What to bring to class

For the clinic in Mansfield, you will need the following:
Eye and ear protection
Ball cap
A pistol and magazines (bring all you have for the gun)
Mag holders if you have them (your pockets can be used)
A holster that covers the trigger
(If you do not have a holster for the gun, please bring a small towell so that you can lay the gun down if needed)
ammunition (300 to 400 rounds)

Most important - bring an open Mind and a desire to learn

Last edited by a moderator:
POST REVISED 9/30/07

Also, please bring:

From 1st post in prior thread:
Cost will be $31.00/person ($20.00 goes to the MF&G Indoor Range Fund, $5.00 to defray costs of Jim Conway and his trainers and $6.00 for the catered lunch {lasagna, vegetable lasagna, brownies and soda/bottled water}).

Participants MUST have a LTC (or equivalent for non-MA folks) or an NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate or better. [These are requirements by MF&G.]

Also, please know that MF&G is a "pack-in, pack-out" club. We have NO trash pickup at the club, none at all. Please plan on taking your empty boxes, etc. back home with you to dispose of them. Thus, I suggest that each participant bring a plastic bag for their trash. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ammo

My only criteria for ammo is that it should go BANG and be reasonably accurate. If it does not go BANG every time, you will get a lot of experience with malfunction drills. That is not necessarily a bad thing.
A friend of mine had some bad ammo that did not always fire and he got to be very fast clearing malfunctions.

Some family issues came up.

bad part is I gotta miss the class. so Big Red your up. Good part is my grandfather is coming home for the rehab hospital early.

Some family issues came up. bad part is I gotta miss the class. so Big Red your up. Good part is my grandfather is coming home for the rehab hospital early.

Jon,

That's too bad about you missing the class. Glad to hear your granddad is coming home though.

Of course I am happy for myself as I really wanted the opportunity to experience this training first hand.

For those who'll be joining us in Mansfield next week, I'd strongly suggest that you download, print and read a copy of this shot article by Jim. It describes the approach that we'll be following in the clinic, and may give you an additional way to improve your shooting during and after the clinic. See you all next Saturday.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom