Defensive Shooting Clinic-10/6/07 - AAR

See my latest modification to Msg # 20 above.

We have the club catering lunch for us for $6/person. [Cheaper than the sub shop, which usually cost us ~$10/person with delivery, etc.]

Also, we must have a FIRM COUNT by MONDAY (10/1/07) evening, as arrangemetns must be made to get adequate food/drinks for this clinic.

So if you aren't "RED" in Msg #1 above, get on it and get in touch with Jim or post here, STAT!

Last edited:
I am definitely in, although I still show up as being on the waiting list in post #1. [thinking]

As far as lunch goes, I am not picky and $6 is a good deal.

Last edited:
Chef will buy mixed soda. I have no say in what's there, as I am not the person working the kitchen. I just give him a head-count and he does his thing. Same person that caters the meals for our general membership meetings. There is also a soda vending machine (owned and stocked by the club) for those that want more soda ($0.75/can). Although the machine is branded Pepsi, I don't know what brands of soda are in it . . . I am assured that the labels are correct on "type" but didn't ask if the brands were generic or not.

I couldn't make the meal optional, when the chef has to do the shopping in advance and we can't afford to get stuck with a lot of extra food if only a few "opt in". So that is the compromise I had to make with the club to make this work. Otherwise a shooter (me) would have had to print up sub-shop menus, take separate payment, deliver the orders to the sub shop in the AM and have them deliver the subs/drinks back on time for lunch, etc. . . . costs more (avg $10) and would chew up 1/2-1 hour of my time off the range . . . and I'm a paying participant in this event (and club member responsible for the event in case anything happens).

Big Red . . . you are in.

I only do "deletions" or "make 'em red" mods to the list. I let Jim shuffle around who's on which list.

As you see we still have room for a few and some who haven't confirmed yet.

Jim can't login to NES from work (something is blocking his access over the past few weeks and he has no idea what's up) and only has dial-up from home, he can't get in here very often to update.

Big Red . . . you are in.

I only do "deletions" or "make 'em red" mods to the list. I let Jim shuffle around who's on which list.
Roger that!

Jim can't login to NES from work (something is blocking his access over the past few weeks and he has no idea what's up) and only has dial-up from home, he can't get in here very often to update.

Dial-up? Ouch!

Oh soory about that ...just thought the posted was the Food options.... Will we know a head of time..or will it be a surprise on Sat....LOL
I don't really care tooo much!

Oh soory about that ...just thought the posted was the Food options.... Will we know a head of time..or will it be a surprise on Sat....LOL
I don't really care tooo much!

Sorry no options other than you take what you want to eat (buffet style).

Menu was posted by me in prior post. Is that what you were asking about? I eat at all the meetings (same chef) and the food is decent and well worth the money.

Only part that is unknown to me/you is what exact sodas will be there and how many diet and how many regular.

Welcome

I wanted to thank all involved in setting up this event as well as to extend you all a welcome to our Club, Mansfield Fish and Game. I recently was elected president of the club and look forward to hosting more events like this one. If I can duck out of my Gun Show obligation I hope to meet you all.
Enjoy and hope to see you all soon.

Fred aka 50 BMG

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting the event, Fred.

I must admit, I was worried when I saw your screen name because my first thought was that someone was going to be shooting a 50 BMG at this event!!! [laugh]

Talk with me at another time ...I am sure we can arrange a shot or two at another event that requires rifles.
Again to all folks attending the event this month, enjoy, learn new skills, and welcome to Mansfield Fish and Game.

Last edited:
Uh... is this class going to require a lot of movement? 'Cause I just twisted my ankle this morning... bad. Like "on crutches" bad. Don't know if I'll be moving better by Saturday or not; usually I heal from this kind of stuff pretty quick, so I don't want to give up my spot yet.

Uh... is this class going to require a lot of movement? 'Cause I just twisted my ankle this morning... bad. Like "on crutches" bad. Don't know if I'll be moving better by Saturday or not; usually I heal from this kind of stuff pretty quick, so I don't want to give up my spot yet.

Is Mrs. Dwarven1 picking on you again???

Seriously, though, IIRC from the last clinic, it's a lot of standing, but very little (if any) movement. Hopefully you'll be feeling better by then anyway. Just grab an ACE bandage and wrap it up nice and tight, and you'll be good to go.

Is Mrs. Dwarven1 picking on you again???
She knows better. [smile]
Seriously, though, IIRC from the last clinic, it's a lot of standing, but very little (if any) movement. Hopefully you'll be feeling better by then anyway. Just grab an ACE bandage and wrap it up nice and tight, and you'll be good to go.

A folding chair is easy to bring along. NP. As for the ACE bandage... the clinic nurse at work already wrapped me up.

Just an FYI, we have plenty of foldng chairs for you at the club. Also if you bring a cold pack you can place it in the fridge.

Though not as exciting as a car shoot, we should still take a few pics on Saturday to post. I'll try to remember to bring a camera.

OK Len, I talked to Jim for quite awhile just now. He said I'm confirmed. I'm not too worried about the headcount for the club on my end. If they don't have me in for food, I'll get some.

I too like the meals at the regular meeting, I'm sure it will be great.

I have been looking for this post for awhile, but couldn't find it, that's why I posted the thread you closed.

Len, BTW, Jim said he's going to bring me an official copy of the "Famous LenS, Randy Kane" photo... LOL Can I get an autograph??? (Don't you hate a smart A**)

I got three carry rigs and some new guns for the course, and Jim doesn't like any of them. I really wanted to shoot with a J frame S&W, but Jim is trying to talk me out of that due to reload speed. I guess I'll use a .45. Not mine, his.

Jim --

Any room in your Oct. 6 clinic? I hadn't signed earlier because I attended the June 2 firing-fest. 'Twas great, but I figured others should have a first crack at your clinic.

But if there's an opening now because of drop-outs, etc., please
confirm me as in. I'll check the thread for your reply.

Many thanks.

OK, I just made sure that everyone up to date is listed as RED if confirmed.

If you aren't confirmed, you risk losing your slot, so speak up and fast! [Post here is preferred]

Back
Top Bottom