Delaware Lower - First Build *Update in OP*

Viper22

NES Member
Delaware Lower Build *FINISHED*

My first AR; just finished assembly. Haven't shot it yet, still waiting for loctite to cure. Build total came to $625. I was somewhat hesitant to go with a 20" H-bar setup, I was worried about the balance being too front heavy. I'm actually really happy with the way the rifle balances. Still haven't decided on optics, so the irons will do for now.

Lower:

Delaware Machinery Lower Reciever
Ace Skeleton Stock
DPMS LPK
Magpul trigger guard

Upper:

Daniel Defense A4 Upper
DPMS Bolt
Model 1 Charging Handle
used CLE H-Bar 20" SS barrel, 1/8 twist (Thanks Jasper!)
Model 1 Free Float Handguard
A2 FSB
Leapers Rear Sight

DSC018441.JPG

DSC01836.JPG

DSC01842.JPG

DSC018411.JPG

Last edited:

Yeah! Thats kind of important.[smile]

I'm thinking a run of the mill(post-ban of course) 16" DPMS complete upper will work for now. Some kind of compensator might be nice, just to dress up the plain barrel.

Im thinking of a varmit build.....just because I can.
I am also going to dedicate a lower to my 22lr upeer

A varmint gun was a consideration...I still might, since I've got 2 lowers coming....

I was thinking of getting an upper in .204 Ruger...

I'll be ordering everything BUT the upper tomorrow. I'll have to save up some more for an upper.

you need a buffer and spring, but do not need the buffer retainer or the springs. Also, the entry stock is very small. you may want the fullsize, especially with a 16"+ barrel

Supermoto, thanks for the advice.....the full length ace stock is cheaper too......

Just to make sure, its 3 parts, not 2
rifle length buffer
rifle length tube
spring

Yup. Got it figured out. Thanks for helping me out.

I couldn't wait any more and placed the order at midway. Parts should be here by the 11th. They'll be ready and waiting for the Delaware lower.

I'm also going to have to get a book on how to put this thing together. That or watch the videos on Brownells.

We have all the parts you are looking for in stock at Remsport in Ludlow MA. We are close by to you.
Please stop and browse. We also have many other AR parts.
413 579 1994
John

Awhile ago, I remember seeing an ACE stock with the buffer tube wrapped in paracord. I like the idea, and think it looks good. -Found it! Credit goes out to FSUsoldier for the pic that gave me the idea.

The question is, what color should I go with for the paracord? The options I'm considering are black, olive drab, multicam, or woodland. Whadda ya think?

Last edited:
Awhile ago, I remember seeing an ACE stock with the buffer tube wrapped in paracord. I like the idea, and think it looks good. -Found it! Credit goes out to FSUsoldier for the pic that gave me the idea.

The question is, what color should I go with for the paracord? The options I'm considering are black, olive drab, multicam, or woodland. Whadda ya think?

i vote black or OD. i hate camo cord [laugh]

i vote black or OD. i hate camo cord [laugh]

Black would be ok I guess...I like the look of OD better, but then I would have to get an OD pistol grip, and other OD accessories......

And even with that, I'm not crazy about the OD & black color scheme....

Maybe a gray/charcoal paracord? The link has OD, Black & Charcoal..........I'm thinking the charcoal would look good.

http://www.wilsontactical.com/detail.aspx?ID=360

Last edited:

a couple adl. suggestions

Khaki (summer)

White (winter)

Last edited:
did anyone mention Mags? sling or a field repair parts kit? just in case, springs do fly! [grin]

Keri

did anyone mention Mags? sling or a field repair parts kit? just in case, springs do fly! [grin]

Keri

Obviously I'll be needing to buy some mags. That'll come later. As far as a sling goes, I'm not sure what I want to go with...so that can come later too....

man, I'm upset a little. Your not updating this thread fast enough. I got the same lower coming and well you know how that goes....................

Haha, yeah......well the one good thing is that by the time the lower comes in, I'll have the $$ for a complete upper & some mags and ammo. I've also got a set of brass & steel punches with a hammer ordered....that should be in any day now.

looks like it maybe time for a "look what I did with my Delaware lower" sticky ??????

Back
Top Bottom