Delete

“There’s no rhyme or reason to have civilians with this type of firepower,” Lang said.

If they make it...we should be able to own it. I know one guy who shouldn't have any type of firepower but he's dead now...don't make the rest of us out ot be criminals because of the one...

Lang is an idiot.

“There’s no rhyme or reason to have civilians with this type of firepower,” Lang said. “It’s not something that you could ever possibly justify. It’s insanity and it doesn’t fit in society in any way.”

Tell that to the thousands upon thousands of civilians that train and compete with them, not to mention all the Juinors doing the same.

Efforts to reach gun control opponents for comment last night were unsuccessful.
[rolleyes] I can just imagine how hard they tried...

The 2nd Amendment was obviously written with the express intention that military weapons are exactly what civilians are supposed to be able to own. If anything, an argument could be made that weapons intended primarily for hunting and personal protection are questionable (not that I'd want to put ideas in anyone's head).

New Bedford Mayor Scott Lang said he is meeting with lawmakers to draft a law that would block civilians from legally buying or possessing the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.

I hope this doesn't get traction state-wide. Although it is exactly the kind of thing I can see Deval doing on or about January 2nd to show how tough he is on "crime".

some intersting quotes that support our rights

some intersting quotes that support our rights,

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
--- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796. The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, (Memorial Edition) Lipscomb and Bergh, editors.

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

I think Lang is just looking for some face time on the news and he's trying to screw us over in the process.

sigh.... still... I think I may have to work on the wifey and get one sometime in April... Hopefully there will not be a mad rush on them and I can pick one up.

May have to sell off some stuff.... oh well.

sigh.... still... I think I may have to work on the wifey and get one sometime in April... Hopefully there will not be a mad rush on them and I can pick one up.

I don't have a crystal ball but I'm going to guess that April will be too late.

Get it now and work on selling some stuff (not guns or gun stuff) after...

I feel the ban he should concentrate on is two fold.

1. No one should be allowed to carry an AR 15 in a strip club.

2. The election of irrational, corrupt, and ignorant politicians should be banned. Along with that, those currently in office should STFU.

Wait until him and Mumbles/Barrios/Linskey get together and have a brain storming session. [thinking]

The Herald isn't helping matters any... [angry]

pushing for a ban on the military-style rifle the killer used to mow down his victims.

as he blew out cruiser windows and tires with bullets sprayed from the AR-15.

The weapon is the same type of gun used by the Washington, D.C.-area snipers to murder 10 during a 2002 interstate killing spree. The AR-15 is already banned in California, although minor modifications can make them legal in that state.

Would this numbnuts feel any better had these people been killed with a break-action shotgun or a lever-action rifle, or a samurai sword, or a baseball bat, or ___________ ?

If he thinks the .223 Rem. is a deadly round, what would his reaction be to a 100 year-old lever-action rifle chambered in .45-70?

This guy puts the "jerk" in knee-jerk.

New Hampshire: Membership has its privileges.

Do NOT bet on it... CA & NJ both got bent over that way, and in both states now possessing something that you LEGALLY POSSESSED before the ban puts you in jail now.

Start writing your legistraitors NOW, kiddies.

That's not true in CA,not sure about NJ.

CA grandfathered in all the AW's,you had to register them with the state prior to a certain date.

Now in CA,it is illegal to engage in the sale/transfer of any assault weapon unless you are a licensed AW dealer.

Back
Top Bottom