Dem wins Kentucky Governor's Race Again

From the FoxNews article:

Beshear's victory was likely boosted by his positive approval rating as Kentucky's governor. Even as a Democrat in a conservative state, Beshear has consistently been rated as one of the most popular governors in the country.

Not everyone votes by party line.

It's not rocket science, poor candidates can't win elections. A lot of GOP candidates are frosted dog shit these days. This enables a wobby centrist dem that exhibits reasonable policy most of the time, to retain control.

And this is what amazes me, that the GOP in a heavily red state cannot come up with just one good candidate for Governor, one, just one electable person, WTF.

And this is what amazes me, that the GOP in a heavily red state cannot come up with just one good candidate for Governor, one, just one electable person, WTF.

Because anyone who is a "good" conservative already has a career and lifestyle they don't want to give up for the pain and toil and scrutiny of a public position. It's that simple.

Because anyone who is a "good" conservative already has a career and lifestyle they don't want to give up for the pain and toil and scrutiny of a public position. It's that simple.
Right. Nobody in their right mind wants to deal with that kind of BS anymore or put their family through it so we’re left scraping the bottom of the barrel all around.

What you just described is not a politician. A politician has such a heightened sense of arrogance and need to control that it WONT allow them to avoid public positions. They are drawn to it like the earths gravitational pull.

Got up for work at 0300 and a quick check of things shows the Dems pretty much ran the table in most places last night; VA, PA, Ky...

Flipped house, kept/increased seats in senates, flipped judges and some down ballots in PA as well...

Though Oh being a solid red state (Trump by 8 in '20) shows the issue that is not to be discussed on NES is looking like a solid and predictable loser for R's in most places....It won overwhelmingly...

What you just described is not a politician. A politician has such a heightened sense of arrogance and need to control that it WONT allow them to avoid public positions. They are drawn to it like the earths gravitational pull.
Clinically, in most cases it's called extreme narcissism. The politician cannot function in daily life without their daily ego boost and a larger share of public adoration than the next person. They will do anything, say anything, destroy anyone and anything to achieve those two things.

Clinically, in most cases it's called extreme narcissism. The politician cannot function in daily life without their daily ego boost and a larger share of public adoration than the next person. They will do anything, say anything, destroy anyone and anything to achieve those two things.
I used to work with this control freak who angled his position more like a politician. He was a money hungry grub no doubt but I swear he liked stepping on people’s necks more than he liked the money. That’s the epitome of a politician to me. Crooked lazy lying stealing corrupt bastards.

So any time that a politician that you don’t like wins you claim it is election fraud without any evidence?

Show me a race for dogcatcher in a 3 person town, and you can probably find some irregularities.

People are tired of the constant 'stolen election' or 'election fraud' screeching with nothing to back it up. It's pathetic and sad at this point. It's also a losing position when you look at 2022 races.

As far as Kentucky reelecting a D. It happens. Look at Louisiana reelecting JBE until he term limited out. Run shit candidates and get shit results when you're going against an incumbent who hasn't completely f***ed things up.

In the meantime, I was bored and checked out some of NH mayor races. Not that they affect me, but just out of curiosity. Nobody showed up to vote. Manch <20K, Berlin about 2K, Nashua <20K, etc. Thanks for electing the D state rep Nashua. Real f***ing helpful. [banghead]

I think it's the younger voters that are wrecking the country. They are mostly leftists and every year another years worth of them can vote, and another year's worth of older, more conservative voters die out. It probably means things will continue to get worse and worse. Depressing as hell. It's getting bad when we're losing even in deep red states.

I think it's the younger voters that are wrecking the country. They are mostly leftists and every year another years worth of them can vote, and another year's worth of older, more conservative voters die out. It probably means things will continue to get worse and worse. Depressing as hell. It's getting bad when we're losing even in deep red states.
The youth barely shows up for a presidential election, they aren't showing up for the in-betweens. The older crowd is strongly voting D or its all made up!

Both parties are currently being run by their more extreme activists. In the Democratic Party, it is the progressives dragging candidates to the left. In the Republican Party, it is Trump supporters pressuring candidates to support Trump. Anyone in the middle is unlikely to win nomination unless they are already in office and reasonably popular.

Sure, blame the younger generation. Because all those that are 18-25 clearly voted for sh*t Presidents, Governors, reps and Senators in the early 2K, 90s, 80s, 70s ... right?

Lexington and Louisville vote 70% D, the rest are R or split D/R. Big city liberals carry the state. This is a trend across the US.

1699449695373.png

Not everyone votes by party line.

This.

It's not rocket science, poor candidates can't win elections. A lot of GOP candidates are frosted dog shit these days. This enables a wobby centrist dem that exhibits reasonable policy most of the time, to retain control.

And this. Voting for morons is a bad idea, regardless of which party they represent.

Back
Top Bottom