Derek is becoming famous : )

Excellent! I'm wondering though how GOAL and Comm2A will interact with each other. Hopefully in a positive way that gives us another thorn in our legislators side!

And you can thank Mr. Boudrie for hooking us up with this publicity.

While where at at, clinotus gets the credit for our Radio Free Arfcom spot.

ETA: At the risk of stating the obvious, everyone should understand just how supportive of this endeavor Derek has been. His participation is vital on so many levels.

Last edited:
I also want to thank Knuckle Dragger and Terraformer for spending the last 9 months of their lives putting this together. We've still got a ways to go, but all that hard work will be paying off soon enough [grin]

Last edited:
July 20 : 2010
Commonwealth Second Amendment Group Formed
Today marks a turning point in the history of Second Amendment infringement in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and New England. Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc (Comm2A), a Massachusetts registered non-profit corporation,* was created to ensure that the birthplace of liberty and this great nation once again becomes a beacon of freedom for individual firearms rights. For years the exercise of this fundamental right by Massachusetts residents has been subject to unfair, unequal, and discriminatory treatment by the law and those responsible with administering the law. Through the efforts of its dedicated founders and with the support of the shooting sports community, Comm2A will work to protect all law abiding citizens from state and local laws, regulations, customs and practices that infringe upon the fundamental right to keep and bear firearms.

Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) said he "welcomes the opportunity to work with and support Commonwealth Second Amendment in future litigation and rights education activities in New England. We need organizations like Comm2A in every state," he added.

Former US Marine Corp Sergeant, proprietor of Northeastshooters.com and Comm2A Board member Derek Hoskins is "excited to take on this new challenge in the continued spirit of preserving the Second Amendment rights for local firearms owners in MA and beyond. Over the last 5 years Northeastshooters.com has been host to an ever growing and vibrant community of firearms owners engaged in hobby, competition, hunting and all variety of shooting sports activities. Through this community, efforts such as Comm2A have been made possible."

Over the last nine months, the founders of Commonwealth Second Amendment have worked diligently to create a robust organization dedicated to aggressively challenging state infringement of fundamental rights and liberties. In the coming months Comm2A will be sponsoring rights conferences and educational events as well as supporting cutting-edge litigation designed to ensure that lawful gun owners are free to pursue their interests and exercise their Second Amendment rights.

* Comm2A is currently seeking a determination of 501(c)(3) non-profit status with the IRS. Donations made prior to a determination of non-profit status may not be tax deductible. However, once 501(c)(3) status has been granted all contributors and supporters will receive acknowledgment of their support.

Media Contact:
Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. (617) 942-0660

For those blocked at work, etc.

I'm still confused. How does it differ from GOAL? I hear the term "litigation" mentioned. Doesn't GOAL already file bills and lobby at the statehouse? Or am I not understanding what "litigation" is?

I'm still confused. How does it differ from GOAL? I hear the term "litigation" mentioned. Doesn't GOAL already file bills and lobby at the statehouse? Or am I not understanding what "litigation" is?

That's lobbying. Litigation is the act of suing someone or taking an issue to court.

That's lobbying. Litigation is the act of suing someone or taking an issue to court.

So this new organization will be available to take up/fund lawsuits regarding, for example; restrictions, B-ramming, denying LTC's, etc? Will they also fund the defense of a person in a civil suit?

The example that comes to mind is Paul Langone.

Back
Top Bottom